Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
WimbledonRd said:
Even today, after not playing for a month Dzeko is Man. City's highest scorer.

Dzeko, only 1530 minutes played - 12 goals.
Tevez, 2170 minutes played - 11 goals.
Aguero, 4360 minutes played - 11 goals.

Dzeko is basically 3 times more effective than Aguero. Mancini never saw it that way and never appreciated it. Time for Dzeko to move on. I don't blame him for not being interested to play. Who would?

Not played for a month????

He had 80+ mins 8 days ago and was absolute gash yet again. Plus 45 mins at home against Wigan and was awful in that game too..

IMO he has played his last game for City and i for one am glad about that.

BS, he played great against Wigan, much better than Aguero in the 1st half in fact. David Platt even praised him in the post match interview. I don't think Dzeko was ready to play 135 minutes in 4 days after being sidelined for a month, Mancini hung him out to dry. Dzeko should have at least been subbed out at half time vs spurs as it was obvious he was having a bad game.

In light of recent Dortmund transfer rumors, Dzeko went to train with a boxer (Felix Sturm). Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows this is mainly endurance training. Something Dzeko needs since he doesn't get to play enough. At least he realizes his endurance is shit and needs to be worked on.

so let me get this right, when Dzeko performs poorly, its because he needs game time snd he doesn't get any but when he has a run of games and plays like a pregnant donkey then it's Mancini's fault for giving him too many games too soon. What a freaking joke?
Dzeko knew he was going to be rotated when he signed, he knew we had more technical strikers and that he had to work harder to make up for control and touch which ranges from averagre to piss poor
He said he watched us on television before he came, so he must have seen our style of play.
When will this ever be some of Dzeko's fault for not being able to adapt or for just outright giving up like he's done in a few games.
I like Edin and I would be alright if he stayed but the fact the Dzeko is either seemingly trying hard to
flop or not willing or able to give 100% while on the pitch is Edin Dzeko's FAULT.
if he believes that it is anything other than that then I would gladly pick up his cheque for doing fuck all for a few weeks

The Dzeko apologists need to reconsider their indefensible positions on this subject

jauganaut said:
noise said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
Not played for a month????

He had 80+ mins 8 days ago and was absolute gash yet again. Plus 45 mins at home against Wigan and was awful in that game too..

IMO he has played his last game for City and i for one am glad about that.

BS, he played great against Wigan, much better than Aguero in the 1st half in fact. David Platt even praised him in the post match interview. I don't think Dzeko was ready to play 135 minutes in 4 days after being sidelined for a month, Mancini hung him out to dry. Dzeko should have at least been subbed out at half time vs spurs as it was obvious he was having a bad game.

In light of recent Dortmund transfer rumors, Dzeko went to train with a boxer (Felix Sturm). Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows this is mainly endurance training. Something Dzeko needs since he doesn't get to play enough. At least he realizes his endurance is shit and needs to be worked on.

so let me get this right, when Dzeko performs poorly, its because he needs game time snd he doesn't get any but when he has a run of games and plays like a pregnant donkey then it's Mancini's fault for giving him too many games too soon. What a freaking joke?
Dzeko knew he was going to be rotated when he signed, he knew we had more technical strikers and that he had to work harder to make up for control and touch which ranges from averagre to piss poor
He said he watched us on television before he came, so he must have seen our style of play.
When will this ever be some of Dzeko's fault for not being able to adapt or for just outright giving up like he's done in a few games.
I like Edin and I would be alright if he stayed but the fact the Dzeko is either seemingly trying hard to
flop or not willing or able to give 100% while on the pitch is Edin Dzeko's FAULT.
if he believes that it is anything other than that then I would gladly pick up his cheque for doing fuck all for a few weeks

The Dzeko apologists need to reconsider their indefensible positions on this subject

I would assume that when Dzeko plays poorly it's for some combination of the same reasons that Tevez sometimes plays poorly, or Aguero, or Yaya, or Silva, etc. Maybe they 'don't fancy it', or they're carrying some sort of injury or they're sick, or they get unlucky, etc. Because whether it appears that way or not, over the last two seasons, Dzeko has been as effective a striker as Tevez and Aguero (in terms of team goals scored when he starts), despite playing in a system that clearly doesn't favor his style.

So he has some off days like everyone else, but he doesn't need apologists for his overall contribution to the team, because it's been very good.

CaliforniaBlue said:
jauganaut said:
noise said:

I would assume that when Dzeko plays poorly it's for some combination of the same reasons that Tevez sometimes plays poorly, or Aguero, or Yaya, or Silva, etc. Maybe they 'don't fancy it', or they're carrying some sort of injury or they're sick, or they get unlucky, etc. Because whether it appears that way or not, over the last two seasons, Dzeko has been as effective a striker as Tevez and Aguero (in terms of team goals scored when he starts), despite playing in a system that clearly doesn't favor his style.

So he has some off days like everyone else, but he doesn't need apologists for his overall contribution to the team, because it's been very good.
The irony is strong in this one

dzeko plays poorly, because he isnt suited to the premier league, he has a terrible first touch, and doesnt fit into our style of play.

his attitude away at spurs made robinho look like a tevez in disguise.

pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:

Hey, you're back! I thought you'd lost interest for a minute there, or were recuperating after being hit over the head with the facts too often. I'm not sure where irony comes into it - I have data to back up my statement, whereas you only appear to have elementary-level debating tactics on your side. Entertaining though, I'll give you that.

CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:

Hey, you're back! I thought you'd lost interest for a minute there, or were recuperating after being hit over the head with the facts too often. I'm not sure where irony comes into it - I have data to back up my statement, whereas you only appear to have elementary-level debating tactics on your side. Entertaining though, I'll give you that.
Have you ignored the statistics I have provided?

Along with ignoring and not arguing the fabricated and altered statistics of another poster that I corrected? convenient...

Or where you too busy being condescending?

You shamelessly bumped your own thread after it went 7 hours without a reply to simply restate what you had said several times before. That's where the irony comes from.

pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:

Along with ignoring and not arguing the fabricated and altered statistics of another poster that I corrected? convenient...

You shamelessly bumped your own thread after it went 7 hours without a reply to simply restate what you had said several times before. That's where the irony comes from.

Oh, sorry, I thought you were being ironic, deliberately posting a laughably brief 'data analysis' after failing to accept the mass of data I presented that were carefully collected from every game this season, showing a lot of different aspects of effectiveness for all three strikers, alone and in combination, both as starters and subs. I'm sure you can understand my mistake. I'll have to go back and have a look at yours when I get a minute.

As for the "shameless bump" (which I guess you didn't read, because it actually helped your argument a bit), it was an update to the OP to show last season's numbers and then to include this season and last season in an even more comprehensive 100 game analysis. That seemed like a decent reason for a bump.

CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:

Oh, sorry, I thought you were being ironic, deliberately posting a laughably brief 'data analysis' after failing to accept the mass of data I presented that were carefully collected from every game this season, showing a lot of different aspects of effectiveness for all three strikers, alone and in combination, both as starters and subs. I'm sure you can understand my mistake. I'll have to go back and have a look at yours when I get a minute.

As for the "shameless bump" (which I guess you didn't read, because it actually helped your argument a bit), it was an update to the OP to show last season's numbers and then to include this season and last season in an even more comprehensive 100 game analysis. That seemed like a decent reason for a bump.
I'm referring to the "we don't play to his strengths" post, aka, the last post in your thread. Not hard to comprehend that.

Also, why are you so condescending? You have ignored a comparison of our strikers that I made, along with other goalscoring stats of our 3 strikers?

Also, the amount of effort you feel the need to go to in order to promote the one player leads me to believe that there must be some sort of doubt creeping in or else you wouldn't feel the need to constantly validate yourself via repetitive bumps.

No doubt, you immediately logged off after you posted your last condescending rant so I won't hold my breath for a mature, quick response.

You invest so much in statistics and not your eyes, which also leads me to think your knowledge of football is limited to numbers on a sheet. Like I said, I offered various stats regarding our three strikers but your ignorant sidestep of those highlights that you are only interested in promoting your own agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.