Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Consistency?

Pretty sure this season he has been the definition of consistency.

Put on the bench = scores.

Starts the game = scores.

Maybe not every single one but this is the EPL we're talking about not some pub league.

Get a grip people... Best striker on the sheet at this moment.

It appears to me people here dislike Edin only because his STYLE of play is totally different than Kun/Tevez, and quite frankly - often doesnt really fit the short passing style Mancini has installed here.

And I'm ok with that. He was never a dribbler like Aguero, nor can he be effective dropping deep like Tevez.

That said - people need to understand this doesnt make him any less of a striker. Whatever his style is, he is our most consistent striker this season. His instinct for the net is far superior to the two above. So you win some you lose some.

It's really apples (Dzeko) and oranges (Tevez/Aguero) and people need to finally understand that - they'd appreciate him much more for what he means to this team.

It is no coincidence we look much more dangerous with him ON the pitch lately - his height and other intangibles change the way opposing defenses are playing. He opens up much more space for others than other two strikers as he makes brilliant runs on the goal. This simply doesnt happen when Tevez and Kun are on the pitch at the same time, as they both like to take the ball deep and run with it.

All that said - I think Edin will flourish in City the rest of the way, as he will get even more space now.

Prior to last Aguero injury him and Edin were really clicking. We have won last 6 games with Edin in the line-up. Add to that lack of production by Tevez lately - and I think you have your striking duo for the next bunch of games.

This is a big four months for Edin now. This four months will pave the way for the rest of his career. There are many things he must improve on (confidence being knocked easily, first touch, one touch passing, realising his size and using it as leverage for strength, determination...) if he can work on them and iron a few creases out, he could be great for us; he could also end up being sold or at lease benched for an upgrade in the Summer.

As i say, a big four months for Edin.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 am --<br /><br />This is a big four months for Edin now. This four months will pave the way for the rest of his career. There are many things he must improve on (confidence being knocked easily, first touch, one touch passing, realising his size and using it as leverage for strength, determination...) if he can work on them and iron a few creases out, he could be great for us; he could also end up being sold or at lease benched for an upgrade in the Summer.

As i say, a big four months for Edin.

I don't care how many he has scored. How many of those chances has he created for himself? How many of those have been from a great touch and then a finish. How many have been from outside the 6 yard box.

Now tell me this. On average how many times does he give away possession. How many times does he win a header to flick it on. How many times has he won a 50-50 challenge.

When a 6ft 3 centre forward gets outmuscled by Steve fucking Sidwell it's time to wrap up.

Absolute shithouse!

nevilletogoater-in said:
I don't care how many he has scored. How many of those chances has he created for himself? How many of those have been from a great touch and then a finish. How many have been from outside the 6 yard box.

Now tell me this. On average how many times does he give away possession. How many times does he win a header to flick it on. How many times has he won a 50-50 challenge.

When a 6ft 3 centre forward gets outmuscled by Steve fucking Sidwell it's time to wrap up.

Absolute shithouse!

Fucking hell!, this is going to be good. Off for some popcorn.

nevilletogoater-in said:

Absolute shithouse!

lol.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Absolute shithouse!

UtT7sIV.jpg

LoveCity said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Absolute shithouse!

UtT7sIV.jpg
no.
watch tonight :)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ran.de/de/boxen/1301/News/boxen-felix-sturm-sam-soliman-tagebuch-noch-2-tage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ran.de/de/boxen/1301/News/bo ... -tage.html</a>

BlueAnorak said:
The stats show he is the best Striker in the Premier League per minute played:
goals-per-90-mins.png

I don't like stats, I only trust what I perceive - even when those perceptions are completely unsupported by any data and are actually counter to rational argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.