Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armaan said:
That Torres was the best striker this league has ever seen imo. Strikers do need good service, whoever thinks otherwise knows next to nothing about football. Not everyone has the skill or pace that a prime Torres had.
what about Thierry Henry

Bodicoteblue said:
Just watching highlights of Spurs v City 2011- Dzeko's first 3 goals all from wide deliveries- exactly the kind of service we will see from Navas.
Edin virtually unplayable given that service- I am looking forward to us seeing the renaissance of one of europe's top strikers

what the difference in other games? where at times, he can look totally woeful?
same players? a midfield of barry yaya nasri silva, if i remember correctly? not many where saying we have "no pace or width" then. (Though im not disagreeing that navas wont put chances on a plate for him.)

The key difference for me, in that game and the first part of that season was not getting the service from the wide areas or where ever he got it from, but the tempo of the play. The passing was quick, inventive, and accurate. Creating space for him to put away the chances he was given.

He obvoiusly isnt the best with the ball at his feet, in comparison to kun, silva tevez etc and for most of last year, instead of letting the ball do the work, and looking to create space, We were passing the ball slowly, and where predictable. Its easy to defend against when all your players are behind and we are just passing between ourselves with no urgency. It was like we where just hoping that someone or a couple of players could come up with a moment of genuis to create or score.

It wouldnt make a difference with navas in that team the way it was playing. We crossed many a ball in the box last season with dzeko on the pitch, but you can cross all day when all the defence is set in front of you. It will get cleared all day.

all the strikers "struggled" last year, it was more due to lack of tempo of passing than using wideplayers.

jft20b said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Just watching highlights of Spurs v City 2011- Dzeko's first 3 goals all from wide deliveries- exactly the kind of service we will see from Navas.
Edin virtually unplayable given that service- I am looking forward to us seeing the renaissance of one of europe's top strikers

what the difference in other games? where at times, he can look totally woeful?
same players? a midfield of barry yaya nasri silva, if i remember correctly? not many where saying we have "no pace or width" then. (Though im not disagreeing that navas wont put chances on a plate for him.)

The key difference for me, in that game and the first part of that season was not getting the service from the wide areas or where ever he got it from, but the tempo of the play. The passing was quick, inventive, and accurate. Creating space for him to put away the chances he was given.

He obvoiusly isnt the best with the ball at his feet, in comparison to kun, silva tevez etc and for most of last year, instead of letting the ball do the work, and looking to create space, We were passing the ball slowly, and where predictable. Its easy to defend against when all your players are behind and we are just passing between ourselves with no urgency. It was like we where just hoping that someone or a couple of players could come up with a moment of genuis to create or score.

It wouldnt make a difference with navas in that team the way it was playing. We crossed many a ball in the box last season with dzeko on the pitch, but you can cross all day when all the defence is set in front of you. It will get cleared all day.

all the strikers "struggled" last year, it was more due to lack of tempo of passing than using wideplayers.
Sums it up pretty well

Armaan said:
That Torres was the best striker this league has ever seen imo. Strikers do need good service, whoever thinks otherwise knows next to nothing about football. Not everyone has the skill or pace that a prime Torres had.

I'm guessing this is a pop at me for my comments? What I meant was, good strikers don't have to rely on good service from wide men. Great strikers also create goal scoring opportunities for themselves.

The problem with a player like Dzeko is that he rarely creates chances on his own. You won't see him dribble for 10 yards and score past an ugly Phil Jones mug. He lives off of the 3 or sochances he gets a game. He needs to be clinical. There isn't any other option for him. When he's not he's rather useless. The great things for us is that he is still in his mid twenties. Hopefully under a great manager he can add a bit of confidence to his game.

My opinion is that we only need a back up striker now. Having four world class strikers created frustrations in the team and a three of Aguero, Guidetti and Dzeko is as good a front three as the premiership has.

I would now be looking for a striker with devastating pace; Dzeko and Guidetti are finishers with good aerial threat, Aguero great off the ball movement and close control. A younger up and coming striker with killer pace is where I would be looking.

oldius said:
My opinion is that we only need a back up striker now. Having four world class strikers created frustrations in the team and a three of Aguero, Guidetti and Dzeko is as good a front three as the premiership has.

I would now be looking for a striker with devastating pace; Dzeko and Guidetti are finishers with good aerial threat, Aguero great off the ball movement and close control. A younger up and coming striker with killer pace is where I would be looking.

Luis Muriel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.