Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Trust me, my "hero" found it pretty hard last season and the season before when Mancini was benching him. So that argument comes around full circle. Now you understand a different view point.

There was a reason he was benched so often, when playing from the start, he was usually shite (sorry, not playing at his best), and not just because of Mancini's tactics.

LoL, Sure guy.

Keep sticking to your revisionist history and I'll stick to reality. The one in which Mancini benched him after putting 4 past the Spurs.

From what I can tell, the guy that was "shite" for 2 years according to some around these parts, is still a blue. Mancini, Tevez & Mario are all gone.

To be fair, Edin was rested for the game after Spurs because Mancini wanted him rested for the Champions' League fixture.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Trust me, my "hero" found it pretty hard last season and the season before when Mancini was benching him. So that argument comes around full circle. Now you understand a different view point.

There was a reason he was benched so often, when playing from the start, he was usually shite (sorry, not playing at his best), and not just because of Mancini's tactics.

LoL, Sure guy.

Keep sticking to your revisionist history and I'll stick to reality. The one in which Mancini benched him after putting 4 past the Spurs.

From what I can tell, the guy that was "shite" for 2 years according to some around these parts, is still a blue. Mancini, Tevez & Mario are all gone.

Sometimes words are enough,but in this case more than enough. :)

Vienna_70 said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:

LoL, Sure guy.

To be fair, Edin was rested for the game after Spurs because Mancini wanted him rested for the Champions' League fixture.

To be fair, that is all true, but does a professional player and i mean any player need a resting so early in the season, especially when you scored 6 goals in 4 games. After all they are professional football players and the rotation seems overstated these days, especially so early in the season when you played 6-7 games into the new season.

According to many, he is still at City due to nobody wanting him...

On a serious note, does he get to go for free/cheap next year if he doesn't sign a new contract soon ?

adorado30 said:
Vienna_70 said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
LoL, Sure guy.

To be fair, that is all true, but does a professional player and i mean any player need a resting so early in the season, especially when you scored 6 goals in 4 games. After all they are professional football players and the rotation seems overstated these days, especially so early in the season when you played 6-7 games into the new season.

You would have to ask Bobby that, as it was his decision to rest him.

However, I have heard players saying that they would much rather be playing than sitting on the bench.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8843790/manchester-city-boss-manuel-pellegrini-says-edin-dzeko-is-a-key-man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -a-key-man</a>

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini says Edin Dzeko is a key man

Manuel Pellegrini says Edin Dzeko has always been a part of his plans at Manchester City and he is counting on the player to carry on improving.

City's strike force has a new look to it after Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic were signed and Carlos Tevez followed Mario Balotelli out of the Etihad Stadium.

Speculation had suggested that Dzeko could also move elsewhere, but Pellegrini insists he has always had faith in the ability of the Bosnia-Herzegovina international.

Dzeko scored the only goal of the game as City beat Sunderland on Saturday to win the Asia Trophy, and was named Player of the Tournament after his spectacular strike.

Asked about the contribution of Dzeko in Hong Kong, Pellegrini told Sky Sports: "Not only in Hong Kong. I have a lot of trust in him.

"Everyone was talking before I arrived that we will bring in [Edinson] Cavani, [Robert] Lewandowski, all those players. But I always trusted in Edin Dzeko and he is now playing the way I want.

"I am sure he will continue improving."

adorado30 said:
Vienna_70 said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
LoL, Sure guy.

To balance that out, should a professional footballer's confidence be that brittle that he can't handle be rested for one game?

pudge said:
adorado30 said:
Vienna_70 said:

To balance that out, should a professional footballer's confidence be that brittle that he can't handle be rested for one game?

You'd have to ask Dzeko that,nobody knows but him. It should not, but by the looks it has.

adorado30 said:
pudge said:
adorado30 said:

You'd have to ask Dzeko that,nobody knows but him. It should not, but by the looks it has.

We had 4 strikers and not all could play every game.

There had been two Bosnia games midweek, Tevez didn't play for Argentina, Augero was sub playing a bit part.

Seemed fairly logical picking the fresher players and having one eye on the UCL mid week.

adorado30 said:
pudge said:
adorado30 said:

Exactly, how frustrating is that? He's a professional footballer.

dzeko helped wolfsburg (mid table team) to win the bundesliga.

P200905241419132910260588.jpg

0,,4275116_4,00.jpg

wolfsburg fans love him.

edin helps man city to win the league, but it seems many city fans hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.