Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
adorado30 said:
pudge said:
To balance that out, should a professional footballer's confidence be that brittle that he can't handle be rested for one game?

You'd have to ask Dzeko that,nobody knows but him. It should not, but by the looks it has.
Exactly, how frustrating is that? He's a professional footballer.

I don't think it's a matter of one game.

I would be very interested to hear what Edin was told before he signed his City contract.

He might have been expecting a completely different scenario then what Mancini put him in.

For all we know City might have offered to make him a regular starter and some other things that didn't seem to take hold?

How would you guys feel if the assurances made to you by others came to be false?

But this is all pure speculation.

In other news - some journo twatted Spurs have put in an official bid for Edin.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
adorado30 said:
You'd have to ask Dzeko that,nobody knows but him. It should not, but by the looks it has.
Exactly, how frustrating is that? He's a professional footballer.

I don't think it's a matter of one game.

I would be very interested to hear what Edin was told before he signed his City contract.

He might have been expecting a completely different scenario then what Mancini put him in.

For all we know City might have offered to make him a regular starter and some other things that didn't seem to take hold?

How would you guys feel if the assurances made to you by others came to be false?

But this is all pure speculation.

In other news - some journo twatted Spurs have put in an official bid for Edin.
Easy to make that assumption given the broken record about how he was "dropped after Spurs" on here tbf.

"Seems man city fans hate him"

FFS. It is not hate. It is criticism like every player gets. Dzeko gets nothing but support on match days by match going supporters.

When Dzeko is doing the same thing over and over it starts to get frustrating and the criticism gets worse which should be expected.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Edin dzeko just absolutely baffles me. Is he actually a world class striker or just plain shit?

Well, he's obviously not shit, is he?

He wouldn't have won a Bundesliga winner's and a Premier League winner's medal if he were shit would he?

Lee Badbuy was shit, as was Nigel Clough, Gerry Creaney and several others who have played for City over the years.

The three aforementioned are not fit to lace Edin Džeko's boots.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Edin dzeko just absolutely baffles me. Is he actually a world class striker or just plain shit?

The answer lies purely with the player.
Depending on his 'mood' he can be either.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Trust me, my "hero" found it pretty hard last season and the season before when Mancini was benching him. So that argument comes around full circle. Now you understand a different view point.

There was a reason he was benched so often, when playing from the start, he was usually shite (sorry, not playing at his best), and not just because of Mancini's tactics.

LoL, Sure guy.

Keep sticking to your revisionist history and I'll stick to reality. The one in which Mancini benched him after putting 4 past the Spurs.

From what I can tell, the guy that was "shite" for 2 years according to some around these parts, is still a blue. Mancini, Tevez & Mario are all gone.

Revisionist, my arse.
Search the "post match" threads from when he started a game, and you will see that most comments about his game are not favourable, apart for his fanboys making excuse's for him.
I know who the revisionist is.

pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:
There was a reason he was benched so often, when playing from the start, he was usually shite (sorry, not playing at his best), and not just because of Mancini's tactics.

LoL, Sure guy.

Keep sticking to your revisionist history and I'll stick to reality. The one in which Mancini benched him after putting 4 past the Spurs.

From what I can tell, the guy that was "shite" for 2 years according to some around these parts, is still a blue. Mancini, Tevez & Mario are all gone.

Revisionist, my arse.
Search the "post match" threads from when he started a game, and you will see that most comments about his game are not favourable, apart for his fanboys making excuse's for him.
I know who the revisionist is.

Sorry, I prefer to actually WATCH the games and make an opinion based on my EYEBALLS instead of some forum where people just come to woman and moan. I like to make intelligent conclusions like the following -

I'll admit there have been times it was painful to watch him (second half of the season). But in reality so was the majority of the team.

Unlike some people, I'm a big believer in man management when it comes to managers. A football club consists of individuals brought together for a common purpose. With those individuals, different personas, egos, attitudes & expectations exist. You can't deny it and you can't just sweep it under the rug.

What Zabaleta was for Mancini in a positive light, Dzeko was in the other end of the spectrum.

Why buy a player if you haven't done your homework? That's right because Mancini bought Dzeko as a last resort. Mancini originally wanted Suarez. Mancini had the intent of building a fluid 4-3-3 system that required players like Tevez, Aguero, Suarez. One problem. Edin Dzeko doesn't play like Suarez or Aguero or Tevez.

The same way I give praise to Mancini for his tremendous wins. I give him most of the blame for the way Edin has played for the last two years.

If you don't believe me, pull up the friendlies and compare how much Edin runs after the ball under Pellegrini to when he played under Mancini.

Rest of the blame falls on Edin for acting like a pussy.

I see this dropped after scoring 4 against spurs shite is coming up again. He didn't start against Wigan because he was rested for Napoli. If his form/confidence/whatever was knocked by that (which was a compliment to him more than anything else) then he's in the wrong game.
People give Mancini far too much stick over Dzeko now he's gone. Whatever role the manager played with Dzeko over the last year, nothing excuses his performances at Everton and Spurs last year, they were a joke to be honest.

Manchiny’s home ticket was mainly purchased by Balloteli and Tevez (if we talk about player’s who influenced that development), but the main reason for Manchiny's departure is Manchiny. He was hitting the wall pushing for tiki-taka (tipy-tapy in MC case) while he didn't notice that MC is lot more suitable and can easily play "Bayern" type of football which is actually step above tiki-taka. Dzeko (the best MC striker) was pushed a side since, per Manchiny, he was not suitable for that type of football. Dzeko had his moments but was trying to make Manchiny happy and actually saved his credibility in few games, but of course, was not happy with minutes on court and 4th striker position while he was obviously delivering more than Tevez, Aguero (most of time) and especially Ballotely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.