Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
celf said:
a pop at mancini there me thinks
I think it's pretty widely accepted that Mancini wasn't a confidence inspiring, player's coach.
Mancini was a poor man manager. Even his staunchest supporters wouldn't argue with that. Now; with a new manager in and (hold the back pages), a winger, we might see a different Edin this coming season.

Definitely a change in attitude - great to see.

It's pre-season and the team spirit, between the manager and players, will get tested when we have our first defeats.

BosnianDragon said:
Some delusional and over subjective City fans should not be taken seriously. However, everyone has right on their opinion as long as they realize that reality and facts are something completely different. To me as Bosnian it was obvious that Dzeko, for some reason, was not equally treated. That is proven throughout this thread as concrete fact. Despite all that I love MC.

You're probably right on that.

Mancini's style clearly didn't help. His tactics were bad for Dzeko, and he's not the style of manager Dzeko needs. Some players respond well to harsh criticism, and some don't. Dzeko is the latter.

Dzeko was beaming at getting these preseason accolades. For most players, they wouldn't care, but he seemed really happy for the first time in over a year.

Mayo from Ireland, I respect your opinion. You can dislike Dzeko and me but it is the fact that he was the best City striker last two seasons. You can go back through this thread and easily find the truth/facts (but..I don't think that is what you are looking for). Modern football is becoming more exact “science” than ever before, it is not just chasing the ball.
If you do that for me , I promise I will be the first to criticize Dzeko when the time comes for that.

BosnianDragon said:
Mayo from Ireland, I respect your opinion. You can dislike Dzeko and me but it is the fact that he was the best City striker last two seasons. You can go back through this thread and easily find the truth/facts (but..I don't think that is what you are looking for). Modern football is becoming more exact “science” than ever before, it is not just chasing the ball.
If you do that for me , I promise I will be the first to criticize Dzeko when the time comes for that.
Based on?

jimharri said:
noise said:
celf said:
a pop at mancini there me thinks
I think it's pretty widely accepted that Mancini wasn't a confidence inspiring, player's coach.
Mancini was a poor man manager. Even his staunchest supporters wouldn't argue with that. Now; with a new manager in and (hold the back pages), a winger, we might see a different Edin this coming season.

What complete bollocks. So we won the league and beat the rags home and away with a poor man manager. If Pellegrini gets more out of Dzeko then fantastic but the people who are trying to turn this into an anti Mancini thread are just an embarrassment. Even to the end of the season the fans sang Roberto's name but I guess you never get behind the team so you would have been oblivious to this.

Come on Pellegrini and the lads here's looking forward to a great start to the season.

BosnianDragon said:
I like Džeko but he wasn't our best striker in the last two seasons. That doesn't mean he's not good or that I don't like him, but he simply wasn't.

Agüero was amazing in the title winning season.

Tim of the Oak said:
inbetween said:
Confidence, it's the main thing i think for him, would never of seen him chest down a ball and shoot with his back to the goal last year. I think Mancini played his strikers in a confused way, they were often drifting out wide to compensate for the lack of width and basically there was an expectation they'd just simply score without having some form of attacking plan. In hindsight it was probably one of the major flaws of last season that we didn't get the kind of players we have now last summer and we probably would of had a great year.

Only seen the highlights but judging on some performances, we can expect a lot from our new signings. Silva also of course back to his instrumental self and Jovetic looks a fantastic player, Navas again will cause massive problems down the right... Just cannot see us failing with the variety of players at our disposal, it just depends how you define a successful year really.

on, Jovetic would have been in the squad last season but for Our officials sitting on their hands when there was a deal to be made.

ah but mancini had 4 strikers already last year. why would the board allow him to bring a 5th striker ?

mancini was a bullshitter . do you know what a bullshitter is ? someone who blame everyone but himself, someone who make too many excuses. he publicaly attacked the owners for not spending enough money, even though mancini was given over £100 million already. all the man did was complain and make excuses. he thinks the sack wasn't justified. he keeps talking about winning 3 trophies in 3 years, one of them being a charity shield LOL, he's a bullshitter, no wonder the owners got rid of him on the exact day the title was won last year.

Amazing to hear Edin post match and see his body language. He's obviously buzzing atm and he looks a shoe-in to be leading the line come opening game. I still think Aguero is our No.1 striker when fit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.