Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
Yet when United play that way you laugh at them and call them shit...

You do love your double standards so its understandable why people ignored you.

Plus, you didn't even watch todays game...

Nope. The diffrence between us and the scum is that THEY will only attack from the flanks and pelt balls in for the sake of pelting balls in. hoping for ricochets and dodgy goals. We had 0 width last season which led to teams parking the buss knowing that nothing will come from the wings which made it almost impossible for silva to pass balls into the box = it was so fukin hard to score goals. Now that we had genuine width this will allow us to play and attack from 2 dimensions. The scum use the wings for plan A, Plan B, and plan C.
We should use wingers and cross the ball - Dzeko will score loads

United play with wingers and cross the ball - They're shit

You can't have it both ways. If we only played through our wingers and Dzeko bagged 30 you wouldn't say a bad word against the tactics is my point.

Your constant double standards are annoying.

we're not going to be a long ball team. navas usually deliver low crosses, they are much more entertaining.

Mountaineer said:
noise said:
Edin speaks.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Huszhu69nk[/youtube]

"I feel different... better..."

"Manager gives me more confidence"

Says it all.

It certainly does. That was a very interesting short interview. MP is simply using Dzeko how he should be used and how we all knew he should be used. The question is why did Mancini buy him in the first place? If it was to provide a more physical presence up front then he should have gone for a big player with a better first touch, a Drogba type player or he should have just adapted his tactics to suit.

Caveman said:
I like Džeko but he wasn't our best striker in the last two seasons. That doesn't mean he's not good or that I don't like him, but he simply wasn't.

Agüero was amazing in the title winning season.

Past

Spurs

I should get that tatted somewhere lol.

On a side note, anyone else realize how high up the pitch we play when Negredo comes on?

When we had Jove, Edin and Silva on the line we were holding back.

I think that is what is going to win us the title this year. The ability for Pellegrini to shift a formation, shift the line and adjust the team to the situation they are in.

I highly under rated Pellegrini. I thought he was going to be a failure, good thing to see that he has a good chance to be a top class manager.

As for the Mancini bashing, I'm pretty sure it's a very similar argument to the one had about Edin Dzeko for the last 2 fucking years. 2 YEARS!

Also, Edin needs to go get some help with his English, it's not German where you put the entire sentence in one word.

Tim of the Oak said:
inbetween said:
Confidence, it's the main thing i think for him, would never of seen him chest down a ball and shoot with his back to the goal last year. I think Mancini played his strikers in a confused way, they were often drifting out wide to compensate for the lack of width and basically there was an expectation they'd just simply score without having some form of attacking plan. In hindsight it was probably one of the major flaws of last season that we didn't get the kind of players we have now last summer and we probably would of had a great year.

Only seen the highlights but judging on some performances, we can expect a lot from our new signings. Silva also of course back to his instrumental self and Jovetic looks a fantastic player, Navas again will cause massive problems down the right... Just cannot see us failing with the variety of players at our disposal, it just depends how you define a successful year really.

Have to laugh at these attempts at sly digs on Mancini. He was a world class striker himself but I guess you'd know this. In addition, Jovetic would have been in the squad last season but for Our officials sitting on their hands when there was a deal to be made. I get the feeling that quite a few of The Dzeko haters are clutching at staws to change their opinions on Edin.

I am just happy in beating Milan and the lads scoring 5 goals. Most of the people who games and support the team will be too. Hope there are many more exciting wins under Pelligrini.

Fiorentina rejected any advances because they didn't feel they had sufficient time to replace him.

Get over Mancini, we made the right choice 100%. Look to the future, it will be a prosperous one for us blues.

I just hope the reset button isn't hit if he is put on the bench for a couple of games, because it could happen with our attacking depth. If Pellegrini can keep him confident all year, that will help him and us.

Mancity1980 said:
Mountaineer said:
noise said:
Edin speaks.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Huszhu69nk[/youtube]

"I feel different... better..."

"Manager gives me more confidence"

Says it all.

It certainly does. That was a very interesting short interview. MP is simply using Dzeko how he should be used and how we all knew he should be used. The question is why did Mancini buy him in the first place? If it was to provide a more physical presence up front then he should have gone for a big player with a better first touch, a Drogba type player or he should have just adapted his tactics to suit.

+1

BosnianDragon said:
Mayo from Ireland, I respect your opinion. You can dislike Dzeko and me but it is the fact that he was the best City striker last two seasons. You can go back through this thread and easily find the truth/facts (but..I don't think that is what you are looking for). Modern football is becoming more exact “science” than ever before, it is not just chasing the ball.
If you do that for me , I promise I will be the first to criticize Dzeko when the time comes for that.
He wasn't our most effective striker. Tevez, once he got his toy-throwing episode out of his system, offered far more to the team that Dzeko. And Aguero is better at linking up the play than Dzeko, thanks to his better ball control. You also said that you thought Dzeko was our best player in the last two seasons? Are you being serious with that conclusion?

Tim of the Oak said:
...but I guess you never get behind the team so you would have been oblivious to this.
Damn; I've been rumbled. It's true; I always want City to lose. I was absolutely delighted to get pissed wet through watching Wigan run rings around us at Wembley, and to have shelled out a lot of dosh in the process. It made my day to think that it would hasten the end for Mancini.

bluethunder said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
Nope. The diffrence between us and the scum is that THEY will only attack from the flanks and pelt balls in for the sake of pelting balls in. hoping for ricochets and dodgy goals. We had 0 width last season which led to teams parking the buss knowing that nothing will come from the wings which made it almost impossible for silva to pass balls into the box = it was so fukin hard to score goals. Now that we had genuine width this will allow us to play and attack from 2 dimensions. The scum use the wings for plan A, Plan B, and plan C.
We should use wingers and cross the ball - Dzeko will score loads

United play with wingers and cross the ball - They're shit

You can't have it both ways. If we only played through our wingers and Dzeko bagged 30 you wouldn't say a bad word against the tactics is my point.

Your constant double standards are annoying.

we're not going to be a long ball team. navas usually deliver low crosses, they are much more entertaining.
Ok, don't see what that has to do with my post but ok.

Performance being overrated on here, scored a tap in and one quality goal but was disposessed numerous times and gave the ball away from simple passes he had to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.