Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his honeymoon with Pellegrini will finish sooner or later and Negredo will take his place.

Should have sold him. Negredo, Jovetic and Aguero should be rotated. Dzeko's presence means he will get games, slowing the progress of the other forwards. And he'll get fed up after he loses his place to Negredo

Berkovic_blue said:
Blueband Brother said:
Dzeko is a top class goalscorer and is the best goal scorer in the squad, accept it or not.

I'm sorry but that is nonsense. On his day he will score some great goals yes but he is incapable of stuff like Aguero vs Liverpool, United or Swansea.

He has a lot of talent but his consistency is laughable, that's what makes him so frustrating. For every good game there are two average/poor ones. This became all too evident last season when he was given plenty of chances. It would be mitigated if he could hold the ball up regularly and bring others into play but 1) he is too soft and 2) his touch lets him down far too often.

I would say Negredo is already making his case as the best goal scorer in the squad, he is what a proper goal poacher looks like. Check out his record in La Liga

As I said, accept it or not but his record is clear. Negredo is a fantastic goalscorer and will be a great goalscorer for us but his situation over the past 2 years have been completely different from Dzeko. Dzeko in spite of all the disruptions have a very respectable goal scoring record and this is consistent and goes back to his time at Wolfsburg so it not nonsense to say that he is the best goal scorer in the squad. It is clear sense not corrupted by negativity

Personally I cant understand why he gets so much stick, its got to the point now that city fans are just pushing Dzeko fans buttons its getting boring. Every little thing he does is analysed, what I also can't understand is that Aguero is suppose to be our answer to messi, yet hes playing at a similar if not worse level than Dzeko currently and one bad word about Aguero seems to be a sin on this forum.

I get the distinct impression that he is fed up already with the new gaffer, he never looks up for it like he did 2 seasons ago,and when he goes and changes into his jeans n trainers after getting subbed at half time today really says "i'm sulking n couldn't give a shit about MCFC".
yes aguero has had bad games but you know he's giving it his best, with Dzeko he's always looking like he's one step away from spitting his dummy out ala Petrov and Ireland.
Negredo has to be ahead of him for Stoke.

CitytillIdie74 said:
I get the distinct impression that he is fed up already with the new gaffer, he never looks up for it like he did 2 seasons ago,and when he goes and changes into his jeans n trainers after getting subbed at half time today really says "i'm sulking n couldn't give a shit about MCFC".
yes aguero has had bad games but you know he's giving it his best, with Dzeko he's always looking like he's one step away from spitting his dummy out ala Petrov and Ireland.
Negredo has to be ahead of him for Stoke.
I'd be amazed and disappointed if MP doesn't slaughter him for setting foot in the arena without his City attire.

We needed a change up front today as all 4 of the feckers were pretty bobbins. Navas had an excuse being taken out on 15 mins and it took into the 2nd half to recover. The rest had no excuse.

You aren't going to win.

Dzeko is a top player. He'll score goals/

What you have here is people who think he isn't any good. I have no idea why these people get on someone's back, but they do it. Ask Ricky Edghill. They make me sick/ He's bluer than blue (like the fans that profess to be here and support him).

Dzeko:

one week: amazing
week after: shite
week after: good
week after: good

His inconsistency will hinder us, he's great but only ON HIS DAY. Sorry, but that isn't good enough.

Players like Tevez and Aguero both play bad games, but STILL make an impact in the game somehow. When things don't go their way they run there bollocks off to try and do something, where Dzeko just strolls around and that's where he let's himself down.

He's a good striker, but he can't perform on a regular bases, that's the bottom line.

Forget all the 'i feel better', 'he looks happy'. You don't know what you're going to get from him, for me he is not the answer at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.