Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'll love to see negredo start the stoke game, I also don't think edin dzeko is shit. He's scored some vital goals for city dunno if his critics also bear that in mind as well ?

It's got nothing to do with Edin being terrible, which he hasn't been that craptastic this year, but Negredo has earned a start. Sit Dzeko for Stoke.

vintiz said:
As much as I'll love to see negredo start the stoke game, I also don't think edin dzeko is shit. He's scored some vital goals for city dunno if his critics also bear that in mind as well ?
Aye he's scored loads of important goals for us. This situation now reminds me of the last few weeks of the Mancini era.... Some city fans I know actually didn't mind seeing us lose just so that Mancini would get the boot. Gone are the days where fans would support whoever wore the shirt. Thing with Dzeko is, every time he misplaces a pass or has a shite touch his haters will be quick to say "look at that he's shit." But whenever he does something good it's never mentioned. Every other player make mistakes but they're always over looked. Take that Negredo chance yesterday where he missed that free header, imagine that was Dzeko? The one Negredo scored Dzeko would have also, he just had piss poor service in the first half.

vintiz said:

So has Aguero and if you look in his thread, you will see posters calling for him to be benched.
The difference is that there is not dozens of Argentinians having a breakdown over it.

Albeit a minor disadvantage for Edin, he does not speak Spanish.

4 to 5 of our front six do, last season Tevez, now Negredo they seem to take up better positions, link better.

Our communication in the final third I imagine to be mostly Spanish. Grist to the Negredo mill?

Season 2012/13 'Edin Dzeko was 4th choice striker yet season 2013/14' he is first choice!! This baffles me! Negreso should be the main man with Aguero playing off him! Send Edin out on loan to a Bundesliga club tomorrow and bring Guidetti in as the fourth striker.maybe we could afford to bring in a left winger either on loan or permanent.

The Engineer said:
Season 2012/13 'Edin Dzeko was 4th choice striker yet season 2013/14' he is first choice!! This baffles me! Negreso should be the main man with Aguero playing off him! Send Edin out on loan to a Bundesliga club tomorrow and bring Guidetti in as the fourth striker.maybe we could afford to bring in a left winger either on loan or permanent.

One problem with that statement: Aguero.
He was bobbins yesterday and against Cardiff too. Only a few minutes of brilliance against Newcastle too. When exactly was the last time he had a really good game? On current form Negredo and Dzeko really should start.

BlueAnorak said:
The Engineer said:

One problem with that statement: Aguero.
He was bobbins yesterday and against Cardiff too. Only a few minutes of brilliance against Newcastle too. When exactly was the last time he had a really good game? On current form Negredo and Dzeko really should start.

Injury and no pre-season,give the boy a chance to get up to speed

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Yesterday his touch was poor too so that made him stand out

His touch is always poor though - when you add in a lack of effort (which was very clear yesterday and probably why he was subbed at half time), it's easy to see why a lot of fans don't rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.