Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Liechtenstein though, we put 12 behind them. But to be fair to both them and us they conceded only 13 more in other 8 games. Greece scored ony one at their place and needed player more to score in 70th+ while we scored 8 there and 4 at home.

We are free-scoring team definitely, not many teams can say they've put 3 past Greece. We risk a lot with that approach but it's still best one as we don't have great defense or DMs, attacking all the time with talent we have in that area is best defensive approach we could use. Still not great one for top teams out there as those are able to punish our weaknesses but I can't recall when we failed to make result in games where we were expected to make one, we just win all games against weaker opposition camping at their half from first whistle.

teddykgb said:
for the record, I wouldn't play him against West Ham. He's probably coming off one of the highest highs of his career. I'd be willing to bet he's done some partying, and wouldn't begrudge him for that one bit. Coming back to England and jumping into a PL match probably won't see his best effort. Bring him on as a sub if need be, but I think maybe letting him rest and refocus would be my approach if I were manager.
That game happened to fall on Eid prayer and his a Muslim for the most part so I'm fairly certain there was no drinking. I just hope we don't start dzeko n negredo together bc it does not work. I would however go with negredo as he seems he can't stop scoring and pair him with jovetic/aguero

AntiUnited said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Have to join in the congratulations to Bosnia, a really great achievement after recent very near misses. Particularly glad for Edin obviously, it'll be great seeing him at the world cup. Let's hope they do really well.

P.S. Apparently it wasn't on the TV there!

that explains why they filled the Lithuanian stadium full of bosnians lol

Yep it was on tv in BiH. I watched it live on a stalite stream with a Bosnian friend before the England match. They also had it on big screens in Sarajevo. Was sent pix of the street celebrations as they happened after the match.

During the war that led to the breakup of the former Yugoslavia, Scandinavian countries, Holland and even UK took in refugees who settled in these countries. Bosnia was very much at the front line of fighting so many people fled the country. The Lithuanian match for these was the nearest to a home match plus a place in the finals at stake.

Well done

BWuvbx1CAAAdRIx.jpg:large

Very, very happy for you Bosnians and Dzeko. It's beautiful watching all the emotion from the fans and players, you picked the best World Cup to qualify in! No doubt we will need to set up a Bosnia World Cup thread next year :) great stuff

MSP said:
2011129_w2.jpg

-- Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:33 pm --

samharris said:
noise said:
Goal.com has an article on the Europe's best XI. Dzeko and Kompany included.

dauCKdh.png

Article: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/10/16/4335102/team-of-the-world-cup-qualifiers-dzeko-van-persie-spearhead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... -spearhead</a>

The most amusing part is that he didn't play that well at all in at least half of the games, specially in last few but yet managed to score 10.

First photo gave me chills. That and Pjanic crying like a little kid on the pitch following the final whistle.

Second photo - another accolade..you cannot NOT appreciate our Edin for what he is/does. Had RVP not scored a deuce in 8:1 stomping of Hungary - Edin would have remained top scorer...that would be sweet too.

As a bosnian - i would like to thank everybody here who congratulated out team on qualifying for the WC.

I also congratulate english fans for the qualification of their team.

Someone mentioned that Dzeko should probably not start against West Ham considering that these last few days were so emotionally draining for him - and i agree, probably better to start with Negredo for this one - he is in a great form at the moment and Spain qualifying for WC is just - "business as usual" for them - so i think that Negredo would be more focused and better prepared for this game, - for spanish guys it would probably be "emotionally draining" if they for once failed to qualify lol....

Congrats to Bosnia! I hope a good portion of you fans can make it to Brazil next year and have a blast! :)

MSP said:
2011129_w2.jpg

-- Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:33 pm --

samharris said:
noise said:
Goal.com has an article on the Europe's best XI. Dzeko and Kompany included.

dauCKdh.png

Article: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/10/16/4335102/team-of-the-world-cup-qualifiers-dzeko-van-persie-spearhead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... -spearhead</a>

There will be trouble at pit!!! ;)

And Id like to say sorry to pudge,,I said some things on here and via pm I regret and am saying sorry in front of the forum..

Sorry pudge.. wont happen again..

The most amusing part is that he didn't play that well at all in at least half of the games, specially in last few but yet managed to score 10.

Thats what those on here would see.. bad performance fuck the goals..<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:56 pm --<br /><br />
DelBosque said:
As a bosnian - i would like to thank everybody here who congratulated out team on qualifying for the WC.

I also congratulate english fans for the qualification of their team.

Someone mentioned that Dzeko should probably not start against West Ham considering that these last few days were so emotionally draining for him - and i agree, probably better to start with Negredo for this one - he is in a great form at the moment and Spain qualifying for WC is just - "business as usual" for them - so i think that Negredo would be more focused and better prepared for this game, - for spanish guys it would probably be "emotionally draining" if they for once failed to qualify lol....

Will be cheering for you and Edin, hope hes still with us tbh..but we'll have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.