EDS Players' Future Prospects

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
zero

unless they are given a proper chance, if say silva leaves us would lopes be given a chance??. I doubt it we would just spend a load of money to buy a ready made replacement.

I'm hoping huws makes it with us
I've seen you bang this very negative "we don't give young players a chance" drum a fair few times now and honestly have no idea why you think this? Who are the young players who we should of given a "proper chance" since the takeover? I'm struggling to come up with any players who've been our academy since the takeover who are even premier league standard, yet alone champions league? (except Sturridge, who we gave a proper chance and he repayed us by winding down his contract and fucking off to the club with the worst record for giving young players a chance)

I think our board want nothing more than to play our youngsters, but we've just not had anyone anywhere near the standard required. That is all changing now, but all our best prospects are still very young. We only really have Huws who is 20+ and of any real standard and quite what standard that is remains to be seen.

BigOscar said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
zero

unless they are given a proper chance, if say silva leaves us would lopes be given a chance??. I doubt it we would just spend a load of money to buy a ready made replacement.

I've seen you bang this very negative "we don't give young players a chance" drum a fair few times now and honestly have no idea why you think this? Who are the young players who we should of given a "proper chance" since the takeover? I'm struggling to come up with any players who've been our academy since the takeover who are even premier league standard, yet alone champions league? (except Sturridge, who we gave a proper chance and he repayed us by winding down his contract and fucking off to the club with the worst record for giving young players a chance)

I think our board want nothing more than to play our youngsters, but we've just not had anyone anywhere near the standard required. That is all changing now, but all our best prospects are still very young. We only really have Huws who is 20+ and of any real standard and quite what standard that is remains to be seen.

its not negative at all. We've had games especially cup games where we haven't even had any youth players on the bench. even when 4 goals up we dont play any. lopes could have played in loads of games. every club from bayern, madrid, barca all manage to play there kids a fair bit not just for the odd ten minutes. lopes especially could have played more. your telling me we have no one at all who could just play some cup games

look at a prime example of john flanagan- he was gonna leave liverpool, deemed not good enough, but rodgers showed faith in him and gave him a chance now look where he is. surely its better to give them some proper game time in at least the cup matches, say lopes and huws. rather than playing in the reserves. they are on loan now, but we should be trying to get a few more into the starting squad now. I'm just being honest in my assessment, no of them will play now or in the near future, we want instant success and the players have to be instantly top class otherwise they dont play, i suppose its the price of success.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
BigOscar said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
zero

its not negative at all. We've had games especially cup games where we haven't even had any youth players on the bench. even when 4 goals up we dont play any. lopes could have played in loads of games. every club from bayern, madrid, barca all manage to play there kids a fair bit not just for the odd ten minutes. lopes especially could have played more. your telling me we have no one at all who could just play some cup games

look at a prime example of john flanagan- he was gonna leave liverpool, deemed not good enough, but rodgers showed faith in him and gave him a chance now look where he is. surely its better to give them some proper game time in at least the cup matches, say lopes and huws. rather than playing in the reserves. they are on loan now, but we should be trying to get a few more into the starting squad now. I'm just being honest in my assessment, no of them will play now or in the near future, we want instant success and the players have to be instantly top class otherwise they dont play, i suppose its the price of success.
For the record, i don't think we play the youngsters enough just like you, but but but, lopes did get quite some game time in the cup games, and he did impress.

Even the best of the youngsters have not been good enough. When the team was going through the motions v Dundee, that's the time for the kids to cash in & catch the bosses eye.

Denayer has just done that but ubfortunately is a centre back & that's a difficult position to risk kids. But if he keeps impressing, it makes the manager think. Huws on the other hand was outclassed by Zucculini, so needs to up his game quickly.

Dennis Suarez was given a similar chance a season or two back & failed completely as did Razak. Likewise Rekik was brought in v AC Milan etc a while back & was absolutely shocking. He gets a chance again now.

Lopes played for the first team in spite of being YOUNGER than most of the EDS. If the older players not on loan were as good, clearly they would have had a sniff too.

To say they have zero chance is utter shit. City are not doing this for a joke.

When players emerge who are good enough, they will be groomed for the first team & some will work their way into it. If they don't show up as good enough, they will be moved on. All this 'ooh he's only a kid' bollocks, is exactly that. BOLLOCKS. Be good enough & you will play for City, that means be REALLY FUCKING GOOD.

Neville Kneville said:
Even the best of the youngsters have not been good enough. When the team was going through the motions v Dundee, that's the time for the kids to cash in & catch the bosses eye.

Denayer has just done that but ubfortunately is a centre back & that's a difficult position to risk kids. But if he keeps impressing, it makes the manager think. Huws on the other hand was outclassed by Zucculini, so needs to up his game quickly.

Dennis Suarez was given a similar chance a season or two back & failed completely as did Razak. Likewise Rekik was brought in v AC Milan etc a while back & was fairly impressive. He gets a chance again now.

Lopes played for the first team in spite of being YOUNGER than most of the EDS. If the older players not on loan were as good, clearly they would have had a sniff too.

When players emerge who are good enough, they will be groomed for the first team & some will work their way into it. If they don't show up as good enough, they will be moved on. All this 'ooh he's only a kid' bollocks, is exactly that. BOLLOCKS. Be good enough & you will play for City, that means be REALLY FUCKING GOOD.

spinzer said:
Neville Kneville said:

Dennis Suarez was given a similar chance a season or two back & failed completely as did Razak. Likewise Rekik was brought in v AC Milan etc a while back & was fairly impressive. He gets a chance again now.

I actually meant Inter for City not AC . And he was fucking awful. But I still have the recordings of his performances for PSV v AC too & watched both games again just in case it was me who was clueless, but it wasn't me who was wrong, he was dreadful there as well albeit better than v Inter where he was Stephen Jordan.

I'm not having that argument again, believe what you like. Suffice to say, if it had been a rag player v Balotelli we would have absolutely revelled in it.

He has another chance now & I hope he is fantastic pre season & proves he deserves to play for the first team.

Neville Kneville said:
spinzer said:
Neville Kneville said:

I actually meant Inter for City not AC . And he was fucking awful. But I still have the recordings of his performances for PSV v AC too & watched both games again just in case it was me who was clueless, but it wasn't me who was wrong, he was dreadful there as well albeit better than v Inter where he was Stephen Jordan.

I'm not having that argument again, believe what you like. Suffice to say, if it had been a rag player v Balotelli we would have absolutely revelled in it.

He has another chance now & I hope he is fantastic pre season & proves he deserves to play for the first team.
I hope he will be fantastic aswell ;)

Karim Rekik, Marcos Lopes, Jason Denayer, Seko Fofana, Jose Angel Pozo, Thierry Ambrose. Angelino, Emyr Huws, Manu Garcia. I really do think that this lot will do really well for city in the next 3 years. Pozo was a shame but he has bags of talent to overcome his set back. Back in training and in croatia. Denayer, Lopes, Rekik and Huws have shown us the talent lets just hope they cope with the next level. Theirry, Angelino, Seko and Manu are all future stars if they can carry on progressing up the ladder. We might even get a glimpse of one or two in the up and coming season.

TheTrillionDollarMan said:
Karim Rekik, Marcos Lopes, Jason Denayer, Seko Fofana, Jose Angel Pozo, Thierry Ambrose. Angelino, Emyr Huws, Manu Garcia. I really do think that this lot will do really well for city in the next 3 years. Pozo was a shame but he has bags of talent to overcome his set back. Back in training and in croatia. Denayer, Lopes, Rekik and Huws have shown us the talent lets just hope they cope with the next level. Theirry, Angelino, Seko and Manu are all future stars if they can carry on progressing up the ladder. We might even get a glimpse of one or two in the up and coming season.

So far I don't think anybody has mentioned Brandon Barker or Ashley Smith-Brown who I think both have great potential. Could be because they are both English.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.