EDS V Arsenal (1900hrs on City+)

His booking tonight was very poor on his part, nearly as poor as the stupid penalty we gave away.
Totally needless and very annoying.He is putting the team at risk by his stupidity and petulance.

On a huge plus,he is looking sharper and is clearly still a player who can be as good as he wants to be.

Great comeback,but that second half was mostly abysmal.

Shea Charles and Oscar Bobb are stealing a living.

I'm not convinced the manager is the right man,not something unusual to the EDS unfortunately.

I'm not convinced the manager is the right man,not something unusual to the EDS unfortunately.
Bit of a harsh assessment on these kids based on one game don't you think?

Oscar Bobb has been having a great season.

I thought we were second best, last night. From the front, I thought Liam tried to do too much on the ball and not enough off it. James McAtee was pretty anonymous and lost the ball more than usual. Defensively, we were clearly not as strong, and with a makeshift defence the starting point of everything we do as a club, we looked vulnerable to the press far more than normal and this exposed Lavia and Gyabi, who have been impressive this season.
As it can, individual talent allowed us back in to a game and showed that, in Liam, we have a natural finisher, and James can conjure moments that others cannot.

Oscar Bobb has been having a great season.
No he hasn't,he epitomises inconsistency and there is no end product to his game - he lacks substance and is destined for obscurity if he doesn't start producing.
Maybe,like many others....a loan will do him good.

They all looked a little lethargic apart from Gyabi - all slow on the ball. I wonder about James. He is capable of moments of brilliance, but unless his intensity improves, he won't get a regular starting place in the first team. He reminds me of Stan Bowles, a little. There is no doubt that he and Liam could make it, I just got he impression that the game was below them for long periods, but in the end they proved that they did care enough.

Love Delap's first touch on his goal, sets himself up perfectly. Proper thunderbastard

They all looked a little lethargic apart from Gyabi - all slow on the ball. I wonder about James. He is capable of moments of brilliance, but unless his intensity improves, he won't get a regular starting place in the first team. He reminds me of Stan Bowles, a little. There is no doubt that he and Liam could make it, I just got he impression that the game was below them for long periods, but in the end they proved that they did care enough.

McAtee has played almost 50 games at this level now, rightly or wrongly he’s probably lost all motivation for it, especially as we know Pep doesn’t rate the PL2 at all.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season, barring injuries he’s probably not going to make the bench in the PL each week, but he’ll stagnate with another season of PL2 football.

Not sure I totally agree about Bobb but Charles looked very ropey to say the least. Disappointed with Lavia’s lack of progress this season. But like Palmer, Foden and mcatee (and maybe Delap) you don’t really know until they play in the first team with first team players. The mentioned ones just looked to fit in when they stepped up. Writing them off at this early stage is probably not the right thing to do, but I’d say it’s very unlikely that any of last nights team except from mcatee and delap will ever get a proper chance in the first team. Although most probably will further down the ladder which can only be a good thing

Highlights of a match offer only an indication, and very often a false one. But that's all I've watched, plus a lot of the comments written in here. Given their quality, they're enough to make me feel "angry". Exactly because the boys are talented and ambitious, yet young and inexperienced, I would hope from the coaching staff to immediately cut all the nonsense of celebrations for the point saved in the end...

A match to forget for the defensive line (GK included obviously), I prefer to say no more. Three excellent goals, none of them was easy, Liam's second is world class. Again, something I would use in the framework of a "criticism" with good faith: That's our level boys. That's who we are. That's what we can produce. We do not deserve anything less than that. Which means, we should have never accepted putting ourselves in a situation of chasing a 2 goals lead -and now allowing our rivals (WH) to dream...

We learn from the lesson as a team, analyze the mistakes. We leave it behind us, stay focused, finish strong as a team. We win the league. Come on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.