EDS v Barca at Hyde

flipmode said:
Tricky_Trev said:
David Babunski - remember the name!

According to the official NGS Twitter account, they said it was Miguel Angel who scored both goals, and not David Babunski.

Just got back myself from the game and I really enjoyed it. I thought our MoTM was without a doubt Courtney Meppen-Walter. Had a solid game at LB, excellent in the tackle and isn't afraid to whack a 70yd cross field ball to the foot of a grateful recipient.
I was also really impressed with Denis Suarez, Karim Rekik and Joan Angel Roman. Suarez and Roman are so comfortable on the ball, well balanced and are gifted with the quality of being able to use both feet competently.

I just thought we lacked the composure and cutting edge in the final third, Roman and Suarez just not able to thread through the final ball to Harry Bunn. I think it was testament to how well we played that the winning goal was a shot that was unstoppable from any keeper.

Good turnout too for the lads, just over 2,000.

Just shows about opinions doesn't it. I thought Meppen Walters had a complete mare of a game. It was as if he couldnt be arsed at times and just let their winger have the ball .Yes he managed to stop him a few times after that but we they seemed to just have total freedom on that side.

I know the support for the defence wasnt great at times but it was noticeable how easy they found it down his side but didnt on the other wing.Somehow,despite plenty of openings from their right,they didnt score from any.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:22 pm --<br /><br />
Tevez City said:
Roman is the MAN

Not tonight he wasn't.

I've watched a fair few EDS games. Meppen can be brilliant one week, then spend too much time playing to his mates in the crowd the next.

ultimateharold said:
I've watched a fair few EDS games. Meppen can be brilliant one week, then spend too much time playing to his mates in the crowd the next.

That's a bit worrying!

In his defence he was playing out of position tonight. He is a centre back really and not a full back and when you play there without much cover it is a difficult position.

CMW is a centre back at International level and was playing left back tonight with Chantler not allowed to play. Did get sucked in a few times but also put in some vital challenges, namely the slide out for a corner early in the first half and a few clearances in the second half.

Henshall needed more service in the second half and looked deflated at the lack of time he got given the ball. He tried to drop deeper but still had more raking balls going to the right where the service into the box was poor.

Suarez looked ace throughout the game but can learn to release the ball sooner at times and to keep his head up. Ignored Welsh when told to push up late in the game seeking an equalizer and dropped into defence for a corner to us.

Learning curve tonight for the EDS lads, just like last night was for the first team. We played some decent stuff tonight and was a useful game for us. Keep your heads up boys and keep that work rate high!

Babunski, Grimaldo and their central midfielder (Samper or Gil, can't remember) looked good players.
In fact all of the Barca team looked good.

Except for Suarez, City look panicky in possession in comparison - party because Barca pressure you so much high up the pitch..

Did Roman not have a good game then? He is usually one of our better performers.

Did Bunn play well besides his goal?

tony book was def there, the cheeky sod was sat in my seat!! you just cant ask him to move though...can you.? thought barcas no 3 was their best player, always had time and used the ball well, i think the main diference between the sides was speed of thought, we got caught thinking about what to do far to often but credit to barca, they closed us down just like their first team do.

Someone on Twitter said they got Miguel Angel and Babunski's numbers mixed up on the team sheet, so it was actually Miguel Angel who scored both goals if so.

Eccles Blue said:
It was a good game and, although Barca did narrowly deserve their win, our lads played well and did us proud. Some of our passing was superb, just now and then they went astray. Not sure of the names of the players as I didn't have a team sheet but our numbers 2, 3, 5 & 11 were excellent.But everyone put in a good shift.

One player got injured, think it was our number 11 and I hope he is going to be ok. Thought it was just cramp at first but maybe he pulled/tweaked something.

Apparently Ian Holloway was there as well the guy sitting next to me said. Tony Book was definitely there.

Ian Holloway was there in the first half, but he either left at half time, or found somewhere better to sit in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.