EDS vs Rotherham

Grow up? The irony! It's a football forum specifically an eds forum where I'm discussing an eds player.

Whats wrong with wanting to see our best youth players make the squad for league Cup ties when we will make numerous changes.
You know more than everyone else? You spoken to Pep and know he will make 'numerous changes'? 2 maybe? 3? Pep, and us want to win this cup again.

You know more than everyone else? You spoken to Pep and know he will make 'numerous changes'? 2 maybe? 3? Pep, and us want to win this cup again.
Its an opinion, we are allowed them.

Fancy a charity bet then £100 he makes more than 3 changes? I win I choose the charity you win you choose?

Looks like Edozie and Palmer to be involved tomorrow judging by their absence.
The three you mentioned next nearest, maybe stick McAtee on the bench if he can manage it with the chance of a few minutes.
Wilson-Esbrand, Bobb & McAtee probably the biggest positives for me.

Lavia OK and saw some promising signs in O'Reilly.

But overall you can see why none are in contention for the 1st team more often.

Wilson-Esbrand , McAtee and Lavia did well but overall probably best described as a learning experience. Rotherham deserved winners but maybe 5-0 flattered them. Hopefully the City youngsters take in tonight's performance and see what men's football is all about. If they learn from it then no harm done.
Only saw the second half but City created a number of good opportunities - should have scored a couple. Not over impressed with Slicker or some of the passing out from the back

McAtee needs a loan in January, he’s way too good to be stuck playing EDS football for the rest of the season
If he doesn't receive some encouragement and recognition in terms of his superb progress,he'll be off elsewhere permanently.

They were bigger, stronger, and more clinical and, to be fair, they maximised those strengths against us. They are scoring freely and looked dangerous throughout the game.

Judging on one game is wrong but the gap between EDS and the PL is huge. I think we just need to trust the process as Pep has recently dropped a bunch of names of EDS players that they are closely looking at: Delap, Wilson Esbrand, Mbete, Lavia and McAtee come to mind, and a couple of those played well last night. There is just no way that a whole bunch of EDS players will suddenly be playing regularly; it will be one or two, gradually integrated with a small number of minutes gradually increasing. This will mean that we won't keep everyone but, hopefully, we will keep the very best. For me, WE, McAtee and Lavia would be the next to step up and receive some minutes.

I missed the second half. Any comments on Kayky? Wasn't this his first game for us?
Like a lot of the team looked like a youngster playing against seasoned pros/men. We brought on Kayky, they brought on Will Grigg. Although there's been a little bit of fanfare with him I'd imagine he's more of a CFG purchase than anyone destined for the first team, and that's not based on watching him last night to be clear just from what I've heard.

I was one of the weird few who went last night...new ground and all that. The positives have already been mentioned - one-man show from McAtee. Lavia, Wilson-Esbrand and Bobb also played ok. Physicality was probably the difference. They certainly roughed us up a bit, as man-for-man, we were clearly technically better than them. As the game wore on, we looked tired and lacked concentration. However, we created most of their chances for them, with indecisive clearances and poor decisions generally at the back. It was a young team - 17/18 year olds, so hopefully they'll have learned a thing or two.
It's makes for an odd competition. There was best part of 2,000 home fans there, in a game that was clearly important to them. Whereas, as a City fan, you wanted to win, but unlike some other 5-0's, at the end of the day, it just didn't matter

The young CBs need to go on loan to get experience.

Out of every position, that is one that I don't think we can bring through naturally. Attacking midfielders and forwards can get that freedom, but CBs need to be roughened up a bit.

Calum Doyle and THB are getting a great experience right now. Mbete, Burns, and Egan-Riley should join similarly next season.

I think fullbacks, since they attack more like JWE, can potentially slot into the first team over time, but also a loan for toughening up is also probably necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.