Either Silva or De Bruyne

You play both and they can play together, the issue is KDB and Sterling are impact players who need to get the ball and go, games where we come out of the blocks and press at the opposition they excell, when we slow our game down to a more slow paced short passing game then they can get (especially sterling) snuffed out by the opposition doubling up on them, Silva can play both style slow passing and high intensity pressing/counter atacking, unfortunately though our defensive midfielders seem to like to take the extra touch and slow the game down. As Mad Zab said when Yaya is being pressed and not able to release the ball to the forwards quickly and effectively we see the opposition all falling back and limiting the space to manouver, Maybe we should rotate the players a bit more.

If we weren't having so much worries about the defences solidity I think you would see Yaya along side Silva rather than playing in a 2 man defensive midfield position.

The problem is that de Bruyne and Silva very weak defensivily and return back rarely but we put all the blame on the Yaya Toure !!!! Yes Yaya Toure has some default But the biggest flaw is in the 4 raheem and Aguero and Silva and de Bruyne because they almost do not provide any real defensive support for the team

The problem is that de Bruyne and Silva very weak defensivily and return back rarely but we put all the blame on the Yaya Toure !!!! Yes Yaya Toure has some default But the biggest flaw is in the 4 raheem and Aguero and Silva and de Bruyne because they almost do not provide any real defensive support for the team

Completely agree, didn't see Aguero getting back to help out the centre halves once yesterday.

I agree. We haven't scored enough goals away from home to allow the abdication of defensive responsibility from our midfield. I would add Toure to your original post title and query how we can play silva, kdb and him in the team. Each of them are brilliant and bring so much to the team but thebalance doesn't always work.

Whilst there has been a lot of focus on win % with and without kompany, I wonder whether replacing navas with kdb has made as much, if not more, difference. Navas provides much more defensive balance and reduces the chances of the midfield getting overrun.

1 up front is the issue for me. Play Silva one side and Kev the other with 2 up top. Aguero looked far happier with Bony to run off.

Completely agree, didn't see Aguero getting back to help out the centre halves once yesterday.
I agree. We haven't scored enough goals away from home to allow the abdication of defensive responsibility from our midfield. I would add Toure to your original post title and query how we can play silva, kdb and him in the team. Each of them are brilliant and bring so much to the team but thebalance doesn't always work.

Whilst there has been a lot of focus on win % with and without kompany, I wonder whether replacing navas with kdb has made as much, if not more, difference. Navas provides much more defensive balance and reduces the chances of the midfield getting overrun.
and so , i think we need different player , a specialized super fast winger

I really think Sterling and De Bruyne are wasted out wide. We don't play with Andy Carroll and we don't have a Lampard making late runs into the box so playing De Bruyne and Sterling out wide is a waste of their attacking talent especially Sterling who always cuts in on his right foot. He needs to play inside.

Notable that the crosses that produced our goals came from full backs. We don't need Sterling and De Bruyne to give us width. We need one at least to be linking up with Silva.

City's defending gets hammered by the critics game after game, but we've been struggling to create chances for weeks now. In part down to Aguero but that's not the sole reason. Aguero, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne is a great unit, but they aren't playing together. This is what should be being discussed.

Pitch was terrible at Watford. Didn't help
True. Look at Sterlings goal last season against Chelsea, shows just how good he can be playing more central.

There's a complete lack of movement in central midfield when we've got the ball which makes us incredibly slow and predictable in possession.

Everybody knows that 90% of the time Yaya is going to come short to collect the ball, the opposition will press him and he'll drop another 5 yard square pass off to Fernandinho or one of the back four. Occasionally he won't get pressed and he's able to turn and look forward but defences will drop off because they know his passing ability is so good, meaning Yaya has to play the ball short into the feet of one of the four attacking players or turn back around and play the ball backwards because he's no longer got the pace, power or energy to drive forward and commit the opposition midfield, let alone beat them.

Fernandinho doesn't have the option to get forward because of the lack of defensive cover, even though he's got the ability to be the box to box midfielder we need. He's shown he's capable of getting goals, driving forward, making runs off the ball and also getting back to do his job defensively but he's restricted because of the responsibility of babysitting Yaya for 75-80 minutes.

Which means Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling are always having to come short to receive the ball to feet, they have no runners either to pass to or dragging defenders away from them and they're trapped with no space to play.

As much as people love the possession football (myself included), very very very few goals come on the back of more than 5 passes. Most goals are scored in less than 5 passes or through set pieces.

Sterling,kdb,silva,toure,aguero all very good players, all cost a lot of money, all will feel they should be first team regulars, in our best performance of the season most of them didn't play, quite a conundrum really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.