Either Silva or De Bruyne

I agree with many on here that Aguero plays well with another striker and many of us have also claimed that we'd like to see Sterling get a chance more centrally or up top. I think if we did this it would allow for more balance with KDB and Merlin and give us a hybrid of our old formation and new one. Something like this:
-----Aguero------Sterling------
Silva---------------------KDB----
---------Fern-----Yaya----------

Aguero and Sterling could play either side and we could even move Yaya further up. Just a thought

For some reason we've retrenched to the slow build up play that we saw under Mancini's later days, when we constantly found it difficult to break teams down.

Instead of attacking with pace, we prefer farting around passing it from one side to another. We might as well just put up a sign asking the opposition to let us know when they are ready to defend and tell them we won't start without them. Honestly it is pathetic.

All our goals now from either from (a) moments of individual brilliance (which is rare) or (b) when we attack with some speed and directness - often late in the game when we are starting to get desperate.

Just look at the teams that we play against. They break on us at speed and go for goal straight off, and it causes us all sorts of problems. About time we started doing the same. Pellegrini (or someone) is trying to make us play like Barcelona and we are not Barca.

I agree with many on here that Aguero plays well with another striker and many of us have also claimed that we'd like to see Sterling get a chance more centrally or up top. I think if we did this it would allow for more balance with KDB and Merlin and give us a hybrid of our old formation and new one. Something like this:
-----Aguero------Sterling------
Silva---------------------KDB----
---------Fern-----Yaya----------

Aguero and Sterling could play either side and we could even move Yaya further up. Just
Could certainly work in some matches at home but Sterling doesnt take his chances enough to be a striker and that midfield looks defensively deficient apart from Fernandinho but like I said you could probably get away with it in certain games though I believe Silva should always play centrally, thats when City are at their very best for me.

I don't think its a problem. Silva plays well with Iniesta and co for Spain. The issue right now is that two very intelligent, yet domineering players need to coalesce and learn each others unique movement.

There will come a time when Silva, Sterling, KDB and Aguero attack.

This worked a treat from the first 4 games during start of the season before Silva injured.

------------------Kun(Bony)----------------
Sterling------------------------------Navas
--------------------Silva-------------------

For KDB, Peller is still unsure of his best position imo.

Ah ok, misinterpreted the thread title.

For what it's worth I'd've said Silva (nothing against gingers).

this is the result when we have an unbalance team. it's funny when we buy player without knowing what his best position. add Isco in it and we will have a real good headache. i think Pep will play Barca formation at City, 4-1-2-3. i know some of them will not in the squad next summer, and i put some of the players which we have a rumor in the list. roughly, this is what it looks like. i want to see Nacho get more chance under Pep.

1385073_Manchester_City.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.