El Shaarawy

Good to be on here. I am a big follower of Milan.

I just do not see Stephan El Shaarawy as a good signing for a big spending side. The guy has had 3 good months in his whole career. Then from the middle of December onwards he has overall struggled like hell. He only ever wants to play on the left side & after watching every Milan game he has never played well in any other position & that includes the second striker position where he lacks both the talent & intelligence to play them sort of positions. He plays on the left & all he ever does his cut in on his right foot & cannot use his left foot at all, when people realised what he was doing he stopped being effective.

The main problem with El Shaarawy though is how he lacks confidence, he has played badly over along period & does not seem to know what to do & this is playing on a stage where he his comfortable & for the team he supports. I could see him struggling both technically & mentally if he ever moved to a foreign league.

He really should not be anywhere near the Italy squad because he his struggling like hell & in my opinion City have not done their scouting very well if they think this guy his worth a huge sum. City could probably target 50 or more players who are better & cheaper than El Shaarawy.

He may improve & prove me to be totally wrong, but I have seen all his games & he really is'nt that good. At the moment though he would need to improve in 90% of his play to become consistently good. He has good pace & good workrate but most of the time he his on the wing & does not dribble well.

He lost his way well before Mario Balotelli arrived so I would not blame him at all & El Shaarawy played the same position after Balotelli arrived so that is not an excuse. He got left out near the end of last season & should have been left out on more accasions. With City having many big money players, he would never get near the Manchester City side unless he starts to improve in a big way.

johnmc said:
Clutch004 said:
How quick people are to point out numbers when there's other obvious numbers they leave out such as that Balotelli had 12 goals in 12 starts. Oh, and he's 22-years-old so not too old at all.

Yes but we tried him and it didnt work for other reasons than just his talent - talent wise many people would have kept hold of him.

Ballotelli had 12 in 12 mostly due to about 6 penalties, not that it matters.

El Sharaawy is every bit as good a prospect as Isco

Isco at this time looks 5 times the player El Shaarawy does.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
johnmc said:
Gazetta says Madrid want him now.

Did these guys hack into our Scouting Network or something!!!

They are really starting to piss me off!!!

Gentlemans agreement my arse!

True, we were the only club whose scouts were aware of the unkown talents that are Isco and El Shaarawy.

May be better to stand back and let RM pick through the footballing world and when they have finished buying whomever they want we can pick through the left overs. Not sure where they are being financed because central gov't and local gov't are both close to being bankrupt, their banks are tittering on the edge - needing bail outs, unemployment nearly 27 per cent (and youth unemployment 56 per cent). They must a have a few bob left under the bed from their dear friend Franco because they are seriously bucking a trend in Spain.

Madrid came to the rescue with Kaka', so they do help alot without really knowing it. I mean look at the mess Kaka' has left Madrid in, they cannot give him away.

No matter the situation in Spain they will always be perfectly fine with finances. They won't bat an eye to paying whatever it costs to get who they want.

IF we're interested in El Shaarawy and he wants to come and more importantly Milan decide to sell, we would be in pole position. They owe us money for Mario, their benefactor could be away for some time and Milan won't want Kaka's wages. He may be an alternative for Isco as he also plays left side (though more of a forward) but can play left of a 4-3-3.

MVB said:
Good to be on here. I am a big follower of Milan.

I just do not see Stephan El Shaarawy as a good signing for a big spending side. The guy has had 3 good months in his whole career. Then from the middle of December onwards he has overall struggled like hell. He only ever wants to play on the left side & after watching every Milan game he has never played well in any other position & that includes the second striker position where he lacks both the talent & intelligence to play them sort of positions. He plays on the left & all he ever does his cut in on his right foot & cannot use his left foot at all, when people realised what he was doing he stopped being effective.

The main problem with El Shaarawy though is how he lacks confidence, he has played badly over along period & does not seem to know what to do & this is playing on a stage where he his comfortable & for the team he supports. I could see him struggling both technically & mentally if he ever moved to a foreign league.

He really should not be anywhere near the Italy squad because he his struggling like hell & in my opinion City have not done their scouting very well if they think this guy his worth a huge sum. City could probably target 50 or more players who are better & cheaper than El Shaarawy.

He may improve & prove me to be totally wrong, but I have seen all his games & he really is'nt that good. At the moment though he would need to improve in 90% of his play to become consistently good. He has good pace & good workrate but most of the time he his on the wing & does not dribble well.

He lost his way well before Mario Balotelli arrived so I would not blame him at all & El Shaarawy played the same position after Balotelli arrived so that is not an excuse. He got left out near the end of last season & should have been left out on more accasions. With City having many big money players, he would never get near the Manchester City side unless he starts to improve in a big way.
Not sure I buy this, he was top scorer in Serie A before Balotelli arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.