El Shaarawy

Been reading this forum a long time now and one thing I can't understand is the negativity of some posters (some, not all) towards Milan?

El Shaarawy is not a great player. But he is already a good player as well as an exceptional prospect. The lad is only 20 years old and in the right environment (Milan is it) he can improve and become a fantastic player.

Was disappointed to read some of the anti-Milan and anti-El Shaarawy posts on here, not that many of you will care about my opinion!

SerieAFan said:
Been reading this forum a long time now and one thing I can't understand is the negativity of some posters (some, not all) towards Milan?

El Shaarawy is not a great player. But he is already a good player as well as an exceptional prospect. The lad is only 20 years old and in the right environment (Milan is it) he can improve and become a fantastic player.

Was disappointed to read some of the anti-Milan and anti-El Shaarawy posts on here, not that many of you will care about my opinion!
Some people just don't rate the player, nothing personal

However, Milan as a club is run by a pack of cunts, no offence

pudge said:
SerieAFan said:

Some people just don't rate the player, nothing personal

However, Milan as a club is run by a pack of *****, no offence

Fair enough, I don't see how anybody could think he isn't good as he has proven it but anyway.

I do wish Berlusconi was no longer involved in football or politics. He is a blight that will hopefully soon go away.

Galliani on the other hand is a genius. He is the best around at what he does, hands-down and he has pulled off some of the greatest transfer coups around. Why wouldn't a club want to get as much as possible for any player/buy a player for as little as possible?

What may be perceived as underhand tactics to reduce prices is no worse than what Barca did in the signing of Fabregas/What Madrid do regularly imo.

SerieAFan said:

It's because there is the false perception that they rip us off. Despite that, the only real ripoff was Nige.

We were actually lucky they took Robinho and Mario off of us. We'd have been saddled with two useless players, useless in the sense that they wouldn't put in a decent performance for us.

Blue Haze said:
SerieAFan said:

It's because there is the false perception that they rip us off. Despite that, the only real ripoff was Nige.

We were actually lucky they took Robinho and Mario off of us. We'd have been saddled with two useless players, useless in the sense that they wouldn't put in a decent performance for us.
Tapping up, media manipulation and the overall corruption within the Italian game plays a part in the perception too tbf

Blue Haze said:
SerieAFan said:

[I'm a Milan fan btw]

Mario was always going to be a steal for us but that was because he was worth more to us than to yous. Nobody doubted his ability but his time at City was up really.

I don't understand how Milan ripped City off for De Jong?
City didn't need to sell, so why did they? For me it was just poor business by them and good business by Milan. Nobody forced them to sell him so cheap. A bizarre transfer imo because he was definitely worth more!

El Shaarawy is the same. Milan wanted him to stay, even when he was "for sale" a few weeks back and he wanted to stay. So €40m is not a rip off as Milan wouldn't be selling him at all if they were getting say €25m and nobody is forcing City to buy him.

pudge said:
Tapping up, media manipulation and the overall corruption within the Italian game plays a part in the perception too tbf

What tapping up is this exactly? I don't recall Milan being accused of tapping up anybody?

City have actually been rumoured to have been involved in tapping up much more than Milan?

The media manipulation is fair enough, although I don't think it's any different in the manipulation of referees and the media by United in the premiership which has been so blatant in the last 5 years it's not even funny.

SerieAFan said:
Blue Haze said:
SerieAFan said:

[I'm a Milan fan btw]

Mario was always going to be a steal for us but that was because he was worth more to us than to yous. Nobody doubted his ability but his time at City was up really.

I don't understand how Milan ripped City off for De Jong?
City didn't need to sell, so why did they? For me it was just poor business by them and good business by Milan. Nobody forced them to sell him so cheap. A bizarre transfer imo because he was definitely worth more!

El Shaarawy is the same. Milan wanted him to stay, even when he was "for sale" a few weeks back and he wanted to stay. So €40m is not a rip off as Milan wouldn't be selling him at all if they were getting say €25m and nobody is forcing City to buy him.

In the sense that he was worth far more than what we sold him for. You're right, no one forced us to sell him cheap. You exploited a contract situation. But often people who are exploited don't react well to it, so it's no surprise City fans didn't like it.

It didn't help that Nige was one of the most beloved City players of the last few years. Some call him a City legend. And our former management sold him for peanuts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.