El Shaarawy

He played in the qualifiers for Milan. There was a rule that if a player has played in qualifying and his team reach the group stages proper, then he's not eligible to play for another team in the competition (if his team don't qualify, then he is). Not sure if that's still true, but I'm sure that would be a deciding factor in getting him...

shevtheblue said:
He played in the qualifiers for Milan. There was a rule that if a player has played in qualifying and his team reach the group stages proper, then he's not eligible to play for another team in the competition (if his team don't qualify, then he is). Not sure if that's still true, but I'm sure that would be a deciding factor in getting him...
I think he will be able to play in the second stage, just at january and so on.

Is this going to be the surprise of the day? I thought City was done with big signings. What is the logic in this move because I don't see El Shaarawy playing much if he signed for City. Jovetic is a better player, in my opinion.

Tancredi on a backtrack.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2m

Negotiations between Manchester City and El Shaarawy not called off. Difficult deal though, as City offer much less than the 30m€ expected

markbmcfc said:
Tancredi on a backtrack.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2m

Negotiations between Manchester City and El Shaarawy not called off. Difficult deal though, as City offer much less than the 30m€ expected

why the fuck Tancredi Palmeri's posts gets so much attention on this forum is beyond me - I cannot think of anything he has ever got right, a grade A tosspot

Tancredi: City offering much less than 30m, negotiations ongoing.

Di Marzio: No contact from MCFC for El Sharaaway, who wants to stay with Milan.

I think I know who to believe. Thread - over!

I think El Shaarawy will complement our team really well. He operates on the left whilst Navas operates on the right and he tends to cut inside and score goals whilst Navas tends to use his pace on the outside and whip in quality crosses. This will pose two problems for our opposition and help us to change our game when one method is not working. My only concern is the Italian thing, the history of the EPL is littered with unsuccessful Italian imports who could not make the adjustment to the English game, but if we pull this transfer off today this season is going to be very exciting!

From what I have seen of him it seems to make sense. Plays down the left, quick, direct and technically sound.

I can't think of many better 20 year olds around in his position. He would be a good rotation player and a solid option to come off the bench late on if we're chasing games.

We won’t be in for him but if it came off it would be a smart move in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.