Elano & Gio at derby

We will be saying Lee Bradbury would have been something else under Pep next. Elano was a flash in the pan for us, nothing amazing before us and nothing amazing afterwards. Great on the eye but i certainly dont think he had the work rate to be a Pep player. Who knows.

Elano got 50 caps for Brazil (one more than Fernandinho currently has) - so no need to be so dismissive of a fantastic player. I am yet to see a better free kick than the one he scored against Newcastle.

The criticism levelled at Elano was his workrate, well Aguero is covering on average 2k (20%) more than he used to under Pep. I think Elano could easily have found a role for himself in this team. He was certainly talented enough.

Elano got 50 caps for Brazil (one more than Fernandinho currently has) - so no need to be so dismissive of a fantastic player. I am yet to see a better free kick than the one he scored against Newcastle.

The criticism levelled at Elano was his workrate, well Aguero is covering on average 2k (20%) more than he used to under Pep. I think Elano could easily have found a role for himself in this team. He was certainly talented enough.
That was an amazing free kick. He scored one or two similar iirc, but that rocket against Newcastle was very special.

Elano undoubtedly had the technical ability to play for Pep like you say would just need to buy into the workrate. I remember him playing at RB for Sven once due to injuries and he took the piss spraying 50 yard passes all over the shop, great player. Probably a better penalty taker than anyone we have now too

Elano was a good player albeit inconsistent. The fact that Hughes didn't get the best out of him was just as much Elano's fault as it was Hughes'. That said, good to see him back at the stadium but no way can he be called a legend.

He was a bright light after the Stuart Pearce years, legend no but a top player who brought some class to our play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.