Elano & Gio at derby

Yesterday I saw that Gio Kinkladze and Elano were at the Derby.

Great to see our more recent legends around more and more. Elano under Pep would have been something else, as would Kinkladze.

I think it’s a real shame that Hughes offloaded Elano in a way that at the time looked bad on Elano, but in hindsight Hughes was inept and couldn’t get a performance out of any player that wasn’t an out and out grafter.

Seeing Elano showing a real love for the club in recent years is just great to see and i’d love to see more of him and Gio around the club.
Neither of them would get in the squad.

Fifty Brazil caps are pointless? Fuck me.

I think he would have been good enough to get in our current squad, you don't. Thats absolutely fine, but saying 50 caps for Brazil is pointless is fucking ludicrous.

Well Jo had 20 Brazil caps so make of that what you will. Paulinho currently has 55. We aren’t talking Brazil in their prime here you know.

I saw Elano twice for Brazil and both times it was against Argentina and he actually ran the game. Outstanding technical ability but his attitude after his initial period was nothing short of an utter disgrace. I've read Craig Bellamys book in which he slates both Robinho and Elano.

Kinkladze was pure class. Outstanding! I reckon he'd have been the nearest thing to a Messi in todays game

Exactly my point let’s see if your head is bit off. Everyone thinks to them first few months, great performances and free kicks whilst forgetting most of what happened after that. Blue tinted specs sadly but the moments of brilliantce were fantastic.

Exactly my point let’s see if your head is bit off. Everyone thinks to them first few months, great performances and free kicks whilst forgetting most of what happened after that. Blue tinted specs sadly but the moments of brilliantce were fantastic.
If you're gonna quote someone to reinforce your point about blue tinted specs, maybe best not to show them comparing Kinkladze to Messi.

As I said before, we disagree and I have no problem with that, quite relieved if anything.

If you're gonna quote someone to reinforce your point about blue tinted specs, maybe best not to show them comparing Kinkladze to Messi.

As I said before, we disagree and I have no problem with that, quite relieved if anything.

What about Jo and them Brazil caps ey....

Two supremely talented players that never truly realised their full potential. Gio was too loyal to us and should have left after we were first relegated for the good of his career and Elano had a masterful range of passing, a brilliant eye and a dead ball ability to match anybody but let himself down with his commitment and work rate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.