Elano & Gio at derby

Elano was a good player albeit inconsistent. The fact that Hughes didn't get the best out of him was just as much Elano's fault as it was Hughes'. That said, good to see him back at the stadium but no way can he be called a legend.

I'd put the blame at more than 50% for Hughes but I agree generally. I wouldn't say he is a legend, because he wasn't here long enough and didn't achieve much in that time, but to this day I wonder what might have been had either of those free kicks against Hamburg gone in.

Elano was incredibly talented. I was at the Argentina v Brazil WC qualifier in Rosario about 10 years ago. Elano bossed the entire game, and there was some serious talent on that pitch. He stood out a mile and won the game for Brazil with ease. Loved him at city.

Gio was just something else. Reminds me so much of messi the way he used to run with the ball. Effortless at times. Provided some great moments in the darker days.

Elano got 50 caps for Brazil (one more than Fernandinho currently has) - so no need to be so dismissive of a fantastic player. I am yet to see a better free kick than the one he scored against Newcastle.

The criticism levelled at Elano was his workrate, well Aguero is covering on average 2k (20%) more than he used to under Pep. I think Elano could easily have found a role for himself in this team. He was certainly talented enough.

He was talented enough yes, the frustration is every other a day a thread on how good a player would be under Pep and this time it being a player who started fantastic for us and then drifted off. Brazil caps are pointless, especially when he played in a very very poor Brazil team during that period. I loved him at City, he wouldn't get near our team now though. Tarnat scored great free kicks too, i'm not going to start a thread on how well he would have played under Pep...………..

He was talented enough yes, the frustration is every other a day a thread on how good a player would be under Pep and this time it being a player who started fantastic for us and then drifted off. Brazil caps are pointless, especially when he played in a very very poor Brazil team during that period. I loved him at City, he wouldn't get near our team now though. Tarnat scored great free kicks too, i'm not going to start a thread on how well he would have played under Pep...………..
Fifty Brazil caps are pointless? Fuck me.

I think he would have been good enough to get in our current squad, you don't. Thats absolutely fine, but saying 50 caps for Brazil is pointless is fucking ludicrous.

Yes, yes, but how good would Jamie Pollock and Gerry (Fkin) Creaney have been under Pep ;-)

Fifty Brazil caps are pointless? Fuck me.

I think he would have been good enough to get in our current squad, you don't. Thats absolutely fine, but saying 50 caps for Brazil is pointless is fucking ludicrous.
I don't know.
Rug head got 100 odd caps for england .
All completely pointless

I saw Elano twice for Brazil and both times it was against Argentina and he actually ran the game. Outstanding technical ability but his attitude after his initial period was nothing short of an utter disgrace. I've read Craig Bellamys book in which he slates both Robinho and Elano.

Kinkladze was pure class. Outstanding! I reckon he'd have been the nearest thing to a Messi in todays game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.