Elano Gone [Merged]

Re: Now that Elano has gone to Turkey

Hleb, knows EPL very well so no need to adjust new life here too long like any new foreign player and can bring a lot of creativity, excellent dribble/killer pass that we'll miss in Elano, to the team as well. Also knows Adebayor/Toure style of plays very well while they were playing together in Arsenal 2-3 seasons ago. All in all, an equal or slightly better replacement for Elano and currently available too.

Re: Elano gone

Strange player - he did look top class when he first joined, but at the match more often than not I was frustrated because his corner/pass/shot/free-kick just wasn't quite accurate enough. I mean, how many corners did he fail to beat the first defender?? Drove me mad at times.

Having said that, it didn't seem to put him off trying things and when they did come off he looked brilliant. Just not often enough for me.

Wish him well though - I think that goal against Newcastle was one of the best "arrowed into the far top corner" free kicks I have ever seen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ3eCh7wft8[/youtube]

Re: Elano gone

Lots of exciting memories about Elano, especially when he first joined us. Would have liked him to stay, but got the impression he couldn't be bothered at times, and wound Mark Hughes up by wanting to re-visit his contract. Sounds like he wanted more money. One of City's flawed diamonds, will be missed I'm sure. Nevermind, he'll meet up with another City legend over there in Turkey....wonder if he got 3000 fans waiting for him ?

Re: Elano going

The thing that I find confusing in all this is Elano was in training Wednesday. Hard to believe City agreed a fee, Elano agreed terms and did a medical after training? Obviously its not impossible but it seems odd. This was quick. Have to assume this was all agreed before today. Odd he trained with us then. Not surprised if he is gone though. Wanted him to get on with things and stop complaining through the press but he can't help himself. A year ago this would of slayed me but not now.

reading through the posts it's nice to see our fans showing some class and welcoming the Galatasaray fans & also wishing Elano well. Sorry to see him go, thought he was a great player.

gutted, was fantastic against hamburg, thought he would had gone to a harder league than turkey. good luck to him, hope it doesnt unsettle robinho

He only has himself to blame in all honesty. Sad to see him go but won't be as big a miss as some are making out.

bluethai said:
Hleb, knows EPL very well so no need to adjust new life here too long like any new foreign player and can bring a lot of creativity, excellent dribble/killer pass that we'll miss in Elano, to the team as well. Also knows Adebayor/Toure style of plays very well while they were playing together in Arsenal 2-3 seasons ago. All in all, an equal or slightly better replacement for Elano and currently available too.
he has gone to inter on loan for the season

bookiesgirl said:
bluethai said:
he has gone to inter on loan for the season
No, he doesn't want to go to Inter.
Alexander Hleb is ready to snub Inter Milan in favour of a move to German club Stuttgart, according to reports in Italy.
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=663814&cc=4716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 14&cc=4716</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.