Elano Gone [Merged]

All the people slagging off Hughes for letting him go i have this to say; firstly how many good games did he have last year? 6 or 7? considering he played 35-40 games that is awful! Secondly look at the team he has joined clearly no ambition as Milan and Inter would never really wanted to buy him that was all paper talk and his agent mouthing off. Also he stated after playing these 6 good games this season he wanted a new 4 year contract, clearly wanted a raise for doing fuck all cheeky twat. I believe he caused alot of problems slagging off Hughes not so long ago, the guy is an arrogant little curly haired fucker who has joined a turkish team (not saying alot) and thinks he is alot better than he is when playing well for Brazil against the likes of Peru, Venezula and USA.

This made sense and was always going to happen unfortunately. As a player I rated and liked him and would have liked him to stay at the club. But the facts are :

- Not willing to sit on the bench - thats what caused the problems last season and under sven - we were warned !

- Hes is a prick - even Sven dropped him and was thinking of selling. Definately caused problems in the dressing room.

- Only plays at home and when the weather is good.

We got back £8 million which is more than we paid for him. He was not sold to a club in our league my greatest fear.

It speaks volumns none of the big sides in Europe were willing to go for him when push came to shove. On his day world class, more usually in our side he had to be carried.

The odd world class free kick and scoring every penalty put in front of him is not enough for the new MCFC, have to bring a bit more to the table and that includes being a team player.

At the end of the day there was one spot left on the bench. Elano or Petrov. Petrov any day of the week for me. That first season he was in the top 6 midifeld players in the league based on the stats.

Very disappointed by his departure....leaves us short in the creative department in central midfield with only Stevie Ireland.....not saying Ireland isnt capable...he is more than capable but if he picks up an injury or needs a rest then we dont have anyone...barry oesnt fit the elano role and nor do any of the others (de jong, kompnay, zabaleta)....swp can play there but its not his best position.....maybe tevez?

Elano is undoubted class and I for one am sorry to see him go

Hughesey212 said:
All the people slagging off Hughes for letting him go i have this to say; firstly how many good games did he have last year? 6 or 7? considering he played 35-40 games that is awful! Secondly look at the team he has joined clearly no ambition as Milan and Inter would never really wanted to buy him that was all paper talk and his agent mouthing off. Also he stated after playing these 6 good games this season he wanted a new 4 year contract, clearly wanted a raise for doing fuck all cheeky twat. I believe he caused alot of problems slagging off Hughes not so long ago, the guy is an arrogant little curly haired fucker who has joined a turkish team (not saying alot) and thinks he is alot better than he is when playing well for Brazil against the likes of Peru, Venezula and USA.

FFS! What an exaggeration!!

He could barely get playing time, which is why the whole media thing started.
Make your point, but don't twist the facts.

Elano was a great player for City, and its a REAL shame he was pushed out the door.
No tears will be shed for Hughes if he gets fired. What goes around comes around.

well ive been a lazy bastard and just got up about an hour ago and wasnt expecting this.

Im a bit gutted as i liked elano, especially his penalties, but realistically he was hardly going to get a game and probably would have done this season what he did last, and cause problems in the dressing room and doing stupid interviews on MH.

I for one wish him all the best and will miss his on field performances when he turned up.

Good luck Ela!

I liked Elano but i think this was a good move, he didnt really look that happy and Hughes is the manager so if he thought it was the right thing to do i back him. Like i said i like Elano but im wondering why no big clubs came and bought a brazillian international in his prime? Before anyone says he has gone to a big club, they are only big in Turkey.

Why is it that some people cannot wait to jump on the Managers back. It's a good piece of business for someone who would not have played many games this season. That's a fact.

Get behind Hughes FFS. 1 player sold, how many in?????

CB

alera said:
This made sense and was always going to happen unfortunately. As a player I rated and liked him and would have liked him to stay at the club. But the facts are :

- Not willing to sit on the bench - thats what caused the problems last season and under sven - we were warned !

- Hes is a prick - even Sven dropped him and was thinking of selling. Definately caused problems in the dressing room.

We got back £8 million which is more than we paid for him. He was not sold to a club in our league my greatest fear.

It speaks volumns none of the big sides in Europe were willing to go for him when push came to shove. On his day world class, more usually in our side he had to be carried.

The odd world class free kick and scoring every penalty put in front of him is not enough for the new MCFC, have to bring a bit more to the table and that includes being a team player.

At the end of the day there was one spot left on the bench. Elano or Petrov. Petrov any day of the week for me. That first season he was in the top 6 midifeld players in the league based on the stats.

I concur!!!!

alera said:

I concur!!!!

leaves us short in the creative department in central midfield with only Stevie Ireland.

But thats not true is it ? Tevez can drop into that position (and we have cover for him) as can Barry. Both of them are very hard working, they might not have the exceptional skill on free kicks etc but they will do a much better job for the team.

Elano has only ever done it for us in half a dozen matches in 2 seasons thats the unfortunate fact on the ground. The rest of the time hes been a passenger.

Like I said the fact that none of the big sides showed any real interest in him speaks volumes IMO.

Like I said, I rate him and would have liked to keep him if possible its just unfortunate he is such a prick and caused so many problems when not playing or left on the bench. Had to go in the end most obvious out going at city of the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.