Elano.....

El Boy Wonder said:
hgblue said:
And the point I'm making is that his loss of form/attitude could have had something to do with his treatment at the hands of Hughes. You actually get close to the crux of the debate in the second half of your answer.

Well what about the second half of the season under Sven?

He carried a team with no defence or fight, he had to fill in at RB for quite a few games and the fact he was the only player who made any sort of effort or gave us the remotest hope of credibility in that Boro away game says something. Nobody performed to their level 2nd half of the season under Sven, that's why we did so badly, it wasn't just down to Elano.

Like another poster said, Stevie Ireland has been utter shite this season compared to last, will he get this treatment? no. will he get sold to the first buyer? no. why? because people on this board have a complex over brazilians and everybody loves little Stevie for being a 1 season wonder.

El Boy Wonder said:
bluem0ng said:
Your opinion was originally very poorly worded and demonstrably not true (stating he was never as good after the first 6 months).

Bored of you now!

For a man of your stature to claim something of mine was poorly written is laughable. You're right, Elano was amazing, he always put in a shift and was only hounded out by the evil Mark Hughes, not because he was work shy.

lol, you utter nob. You probably can't even remember what you posted earlier in this thread. Keep posting the myths!

Yes, I would LOVE to see Elano back. He was fab under Sven and Mancini is his great friend and they most certainly share a football philosophy.(I am sure Mancini has had long conversations with Sven about Man City....)

I have never been in the school of thought that every attacking or midfield player MUST also track back defending all the time.There are just some players who are far better sticking to what they do best..in Elano's case, great passes, superaccurate free kicks and great penalty-taking. So they are luxury players or whatever..but every great team in the world has them so why not City?

I think Robinho is a far better player when Elano is there, plus Ireland of course. He is used to Elanos passing for Brazil.

PS What I would REALLY like to see is Eriksson to to return as well. maybe as No.2?? What do you think?[/b]

it wasn't just down to Elano.

Never said it was. Like i said, fantastic player on his day and i enjoyed watching him play when he turned up.

But the fact is, he won't be back and this thread was asking opinions on whether people wanted him back, to which my answer is no and yours is yes.

We could go over this all day but im not going to change my opinion and you're not going to change yours either

El Boy Wonder said:
hgblue said:
And the point I'm making is that his loss of form/attitude could have had something to do with his treatment at the hands of Hughes. You actually get close to the crux of the debate in the second half of your answer.

Good question. Certainly the team stopped performing when Sven became a 'dead man walking'. Look, no question he's temperamental and moody. I just have this feeling that he will be a great player when the right manager gets hold of him. Without question Elano and Hughes were a marraige made in hell. This was never going to work. Highly unlikely we'll ever see him back here, but I would be interested to see what a manager like Mancini would do with him.

bluem0ng said:
El Boy Wonder said:
For a man of your stature to claim something of mine was poorly written is laughable. You're right, Elano was amazing, he always put in a shift and was only hounded out by the evil Mark Hughes, not because he was work shy.

lol, you utter nob. You probably can't even remember what you posted earlier in this thread. Keep posting the myths!

Ah 'lol', the mark of a true moron

You can't call something a myth because you don't agree with it. You'll learn that in school next term.

I thought you were bored with me anyway?

hgblue said:
El Boy Wonder said:

Good question. Certainly the team stopped performing when Sven became a 'dead man walking'. Look, no question he's temperamental and moody. I just have this feeling that he will be a great player when the right manager gets hold of him. Without question Elano and Hughes were a marraige made in hell. This was never going to work. Highly unlikely we'll ever see him back here, but I would be interested to see what a manager like Mancini would do with him.

Fair enough matey, nice to have an actual discussion with someone about the issue

hgblue said:
El Boy Wonder said:

From what I hear, he's not playing that well in Turkey.

Unknown_Genius said:
hgblue said:

From what I hear, he's not playing that well in Turkey.

What have you heard? From where?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.