Elano.....

"oh yh Gourcuff, you mean the guy who had a moody and failed at Milan"

Yes .... But a few things for thought you moody arsehole, his final year at Milan was when he was 20. Competing and not getting in the 1st team ahead of Kaka for one of europes best teams, at 20 and younger, MUST be deemed as a failure then ..... O.o

And ofcourse it's impossible for younger players to sort out an atitude and change (I always remember stevie Ireland being this collected and Rooney being able to control his temper)

Yes Gourcuff ! Possibly the brightest footballing talent around at the moment - and still only 22/23 ..... Sort your self out GRINCH

N-Word-Joe said:
"oh yh Gourcuff, you mean the guy who had a moody and failed at Milan"

Yes .... But a few things for thought you moody arsehole, his final year at Milan was when he was 20. Competing and not getting in the 1st team ahead of Kaka for one of europes best teams, at 20 and younger, MUST be deemed as a failure then ..... O.o

And ofcourse it's impossible for younger players to sort out an atitude and change (I always remember stevie Ireland being this collected and Rooney being able to control his temper)

Yes Gourcuff ! Possibly the brightest footballing talent around at the moment - and still only 22/23 ..... Sort your self out GRINCH

Spot on mate.

The ignorance on this board can be astonishing at times. Gourcuff is a wonderful player. So much so that Milan wanted him back but he didnt want to, as he felt he hadnt been treated right there

Complete flop for me 6 decent games then never showed up for city again much like robinho.

Despite being a full international no decent side wanted him this speaks volumes so now playing in the turkish pub league - where even vassell is a star.

Signing him again would be one of out worst bits of transfer business. EVER.

How are people so confident that no other team in this league wanted Elano? Hughes was never going to sell him to an English team. Elano being sold to a Turkish team is kind of like torture for Elano. Hughes was out to get him from the start of the season. Didn't he score two goals one game and was dropped the next?
It's partly Hughes fault that Elano wasn't playing great every game. What was that dispute they had? The manager had too much pride to let the guy play, that's no way to sort out a good player. I think people on this forum are making their judgment on what they've read about him in articles written by hateful and unintelligent writers.

While were talking about past players. Anyone else have a hope that now that MANCini is in change, Boji might be coming back...? I know he is just on loan, but he was never going to get back under Hughes.

BulgarianPride said:
How are people so confident that no other team in this league wanted Elano? Hughes was never going to sell him to an English team. Elano being sold to a Turkish team is kind of like torture for Elano. Hughes was out to get him from the start of the season. Didn't he score two goals one game and was dropped the next?
It's partly Hughes fault that Elano wasn't playing great every game. What was that dispute they had? The manager had too much pride to let the guy play, that's no way to sort out a good player. I think people on this forum are making their judgment on what they've read about him in articles written by hateful and unintelligent writers.

I think someone doesn't want to look past one of their favourite players not being all he was cracked up to be.

If he who shall not be named wanted rid of him so bad why wouldnt he sell him to anyone? Turkey for punishment? Are you having a laugh?

On the other note, can't see Boj coming back, i think he wants to stay in Italy, there were some quotes doing the rounds. Shame, but i think his injuries have tainted his view of over here

El Boy Wonder said:
BulgarianPride said:

I think someone doesn't want to look past one of their favourite players not being all he was cracked up to be.

If he who shall not be named wanted rid of him so bad why wouldnt he sell him to anyone? Turkey for punishment? Are you having a laugh?

On the other note, can't see Boj coming back, i think he wants to stay in Italy, there were some quotes doing the rounds. Shame, but i think his injuries have tainted his view of over here

No i am not having a laugh. Isn't the Turkish league one of the toughest to play in. Physical strength wise, lots of kicking(dirty kicking) and pushing? Why would he sell him to an English team that could potentially show what Elano has? I don't care much for Elano, but i always thought he was a good/ borderline great player. He deserves much better than Turkey!

Italy is Boji's home but i do think now that Mancini is in charge he may rethink the statements he made earlier in the year.
Will just have to wait and see. As for Elano, unless he gets the golden boot in the World cup, we don't be getting him back.

BulgarianPride said:
How are people so confident that no other team in this league wanted Elano?

Because obviously it would have been in the papers who are renowned for getting all the transfer stories right (Yes I am joking).

All this "6 good games" stuff makes me laugh because it's bollocks. Whenever Elano was in the side he was more often not our most accurate passer and the one providing the 'key passes'. This can be proven with stats from the matches but is obviously not as reliable as a pissed up, halfblind fans opinion who hates Brazilian players anyway :/

BulgarianPride said:
Italy is Boji's home but i do think now that Mancini is in charge he may rethink the statements he made earlier in the year.
Will just have to wait and see. As for Elano, unless he gets the golden boot in the World cup, we don't be getting him back.

To be fair to Ela, i dont think he was really suited to the prem. Players could rattle him and gave him no space. The people who think he was consistently brilliant during his spell here are obviously viewing his time with blue tinted spectacles which is by no means a bad thing. He was good for us for a while and then petered out. He would probably be a hit in Italy or Spain where the game is played at a slower pace and is more technical based. Sadly i think the prem got the best of him

It would be nice to see the Boj back, unless Parma stump up the cash we will no doubt see him back. The little terrier. Be interesting to see if it works out for him thats for sure

TheLegendOfBerti said:
I'm not ignorant if Gourcuff is so good he wouldn't be in the French League, Milan wouldn't have let him go out on loan.

He wouldnt make it in the Prem he hasn't got the right attitude.

Players that started off young playing in the French League:

Zidane
Henry
Makelele
Anelka

Infact, that will do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.