Electronic Cigerettes?

Well done Peter Fletcher.

Thank you for your letter in respect of your ejection from the stadium at the above game.

I was unaware that you had been handcuffed by the police.

Electronic cigarettes have been banned all season and that is made clear in regular PA Announcements at every game, in our terms and conditions and that information is also contained in the match day programme. There are also a number of signs around the stadium and we have recently increased that number significantly.

There are many issues with these devices, they are not regulated and it is clear that no proper research has been undertaken as to the risk that they pose to the person using them or to be persons around inhaling the smoke/vapour. I understand that the smoke/vapour does contain other chemicals which may or may not be harmful.

The British Medical Association have expressed concern about their use and have stated ‘These devices directly undermine the effects and intentions of existing legislation including the ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces’ and at their recent Annual meeting agreed that electronic cigarettes should be included in the ban on smoking in public places.

Whilst I understand that you see them as an aid to stop smoking, the use of them in areas where smoking is banned is disruptive and confusing as even from a short distance they look and behave as real cigarettes. Should other supporters alert stewards then those stewards will have to address the complaint and speak to the person using the device, this will inevitably lead to disruption of all those supporters who are trying to watch the game and whose view will temporarily be obstructed by the steward and users conversation. If their use was permitted then it is anticipated that their use would greatly increase and similar situations would be replicated on many, many occasions during the duration of a 90 minute game of football and throughout the season disrupting the pleasure of all of our supporters.

There is also lots of evidence both at our stadium and other football Clubs that very often when challenged a person who has been smoking will produce an electronic cigarette from their pocket and insist that they were using that device.

These are some of the reasons why we have banned them.

I do note that your use took place at the Chelsea game when some of the signs were still in the process of being put around the stadium and therefore I have lifted your ban and your season card will be left at the ticket office on Saturday ready for your collection.

Regards
Peter Fletcher<br /><br />-- 27 Mar 2013 14:20 --<br /><br />
the originalkippaxman said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Fucking hell I've stumbled on something here, inject nicotine into vegatables, cure cancer and obesity in one fell swoop. And we can all munch our broccolli in the South Stand feeding our addictions without worrying about showsec,

Same thing crossed my mind for double glazed windows with a nicotine affect. Would aid The Beast 111 whilst he is sat at home banned.

Bet your gutted now dickhead ha ha

The Beast 111 said:

Thank you for your letter in respect of your ejection from the stadium at the above game.

Electronic cigarettes have been banned all season and that is made clear in regular PA Announcements at every game, in our terms and conditions and that information is also contained in the match day programme. There are also a number of signs around the stadium and we have recently increased that number significantly.

There are many issues with these devices, they are not regulated and it is clear that no proper research has been undertaken as to the risk that they pose to the person using them or to be persons around inhaling the smoke/vapour. I understand that the smoke/vapour does contain other chemicals which may or may not be harmful.

The British Medical Association have expressed concern about their use and have stated ‘These devices directly undermine the effects and intentions of existing legislation including the ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces’ and at their recent Annual meeting agreed that electronic cigarettes should be included in the ban on smoking in public places.

Whilst I understand that you see them as an aid to stop smoking, the use of them in areas where smoking is banned is disruptive and confusing as even from a short distance they look and behave as real cigarettes. Should other supporters alert stewards then those stewards will have to address the complaint and speak to the person using the device, this will inevitably lead to disruption of all those supporters who are trying to watch the game and whose view will temporarily be obstructed by the steward and users conversation. If their use was permitted then it is anticipated that their use would greatly increase and similar situations would be replicated on many, many occasions during the duration of a 90 minute game of football and throughout the season disrupting the pleasure of all of our supporters.

There is also lots of evidence both at our stadium and other football Clubs that very often when challenged a person who has been smoking will produce an electronic cigarette from their pocket and insist that they were using that device.

I do note that your use took place at the Chelsea game when some of the signs were still in the process of being put around the stadium and therefore I have lifted your ban and your season card will be left at the ticket office on Saturday ready for your collection.

Regards
Peter Fletcher

-- 27 Mar 2013 14:20 --

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Fucking hell I've stumbled on something here, inject nicotine into vegatables, cure cancer and obesity in one fell swoop. And we can all munch our broccolli in the South Stand feeding our addictions without worrying about showsec,

Same thing crossed my mind for double glazed windows with a nicotine affect. Would aid The Beast 111 whilst he is sat at home banned.

That's fair enough from Fletcher.

George Hannah said:
So which is the best e-cig to start trying to quit smoking with then?

I'm on sky cig and if you go on their website they have a starter pack for a tenner (90 cigs worth)

150 cigs equivalent on top of starter pack is only £9.95. I haven't had a proper cig for 2 1/2 months.

The Beast 111 said:

Regards
Peter Fletcher

-- 27 Mar 2013 14:20 --

Kippax Street 1880 said:

Not really. You still went to the papers and slagged the club off so as much as you back track on your comments that you made to the paper. You will always have to deal with the knowledge that for speaking to the papers and moaning like a child you are and will always be a c*nt.

Good luck with giving up anyway.

The Beast 111 said:

Regards
Peter Fletcher

Glad that you got what is a sensible outcome. I know it's hard but just do like me (20 a day) and smoke like fuck before you get in and out of the ground. (on your e-cig of course) ;)

The Beast 111 said:

Why are you such a dick?

Seriously what has theBeast111 done to you? Why the unnessary hatred and childish shit directed his way about missing matches for which he's paid for? I just don't get your stance.

Look if he's beat to death your father with an e-cig and brutalised your mother using this tool of Satan then fair enough you have a right to act like a wierdo. Otherwise your being a complete fuckwit.

mcmanus said:
Seriously what has theBeast111 done to you? Why the unnessary hatred and childish shit directed his way about missing matches for which he's paid for? I just don't get your stance.

Look if he's beat to death your father with an e-cig and brutalised your mother using this tool of Satan then fair enough you have a right to act like a wierdo. Otherwise your being a complete fuckwit.

You actually fantasised on someones mother getting violated with an ecig didn't you.

What a weird fucker. Keep stacking them shelves lad.

Oh for the days of the Kippax. The craic has gone.

No drinking alcohol whilst watching football.
No standing up whilst watching football.
No smoking whilst watching football.
No swearing whilst watching football.
No e-cigarettes whilst watching football.
No properly affordable tickets to watch football.
No making any noise that upsets others at football.

Spied on with CCTV and those laughing will be told to leave soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.