Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Chelsea have given Terry a new deal and have two excellent young defenders (Kalas and Christensen) along with Cahill and Zouma, they won't spend £30m on another defender when they have prioritised attacking players (the same way we have prioritised defensive players). It'd be a bit like us signing Cavani, an exercise in vanity.

Maybe Soriano, Txiki and Pellegrini know this about Mangala and thats why the Benatia talks and name is appearing heavily linked with us in the media...

I would safely say Mangala has been very much out of the picture for maybe the last week or so since Fernando looked done and Mangala was all quiet...

Most footballers are taught not to open their mouths like this and Hazard unless they are absolutely certain of where they want to go... in this case with Mangala saying he prefers Chelsea, I think we have already finished talks with him and moved to Benatia ...

I am 99% certain Mangala will NOT be a City player... hopefully it will Benatia as most of us have rated him much higher than Mangala who has just an inflated price...

whyalwaysyou said:
why even mention Chelsea to him if there is zero interest from them?

Maybe he mentioned them so he makes Chelsea aware that he wants to join them?

It's clear we are not his first choice, time to move on.

sam-caddick said:
whyalwaysyou said:

Thats what your manager/agent is for... Even if Chelsea would be interested now, they have signed CBs like Terry, Cahill etc as well as Zouma so they have their 'potential' quota stocked up...

PLUS, and probably the most important reason, Chelsea who are stupid, but not that stupid, are not insane to spend the money Porto are asking (due to Mangala's 3rd party rights) for on a CB... they would prefer blowing their cash on a goal scorer hence the strong Mandzucik links from Bayern ...

Mangala is kind of fucked for talking like that...

LoveCity said:
Chelsea have given Terry a new deal and have two excellent young defenders (Kalas and Christensen) along with Cahill and Zouma, they won't spend £30m on another defender when they have prioritised attacking players (the same way we have prioritised defensive players). It'd be a bit like us signing Cavani, an exercise in vanity.

true but my guess would be [and a complete guess it is] Zouma another year maybe back at St Etienne. Terry exits next summer or takes up coach role leaving Cahill and Zouma as 2 "main" CB. Christensen and/or Kalas will be gone. Mangala 3rd CB. [but not necessarily 3rd choice]

Absolute guess but IF they're planning a 2nd and final yr out on loan for Zouma, Mangala isnt "that" silly of a signing

whyalwaysyou said:
LoveCity said:

true but my guess would be [and a complete guess it is] Zouma another year maybe back at St Etienne. Terry exits next summer or takes up coach role leaving Cahill and Zouma as 2 "main" CB. Christensen and/or Kalas will be gone. Mangala 3rd CB. [but not necessarily 3rd choice]

Absolute guess but IF they're planning a 2nd and final yr out on loan for Zouma, Mangala isnt "that" silly of a signing

would be nuts because they need a world class goal scorer just like we need a top class defender...

Never really been convinced this lads wants to come to us - he's overpriced and unproven, best we move in. I think Benatia would be great if we could get that deal through, although worryingly Barca are supposed to be now interested in Benatia ...

SuperSilva said:
whyalwaysyou said:
LoveCity said:

would be nuts because they need a world class goal scorer just like we need a top class defender...

He was signed ages ago IMO when they loaned Courtois for this year, Diego Costa.

SuperSilva said:
sam-caddick said:
whyalwaysyou said:

Thats what your manager/agent is for... Even if Chelsea would be interested now, they have signed CBs like Terry, Cahill etc as well as Zouma so they have their 'potential' quota stocked up...

PLUS, and probably the most important reason, Chelsea who are stupid, but not that stupid, are not insane to spend the money Porto are asking (due to Mangala's 3rd party rights) for on a CB... they would prefer blowing their cash on a goal scorer hence the strong Mandzucik links from Bayern ...

Mangala is kind of fucked for talking like that...

Chelsea have already bought Costa and I keep hearing the Mandzukic links which to be honest I can see being pulled off as well.

Chelsea are being pretty strict to FFP now, hence why to get Matic they needed to sell a player and it just so happend they could afford to sell Mata whose fee also covered them signing a central defender in Zouma and a more direct winger in Salah.

Didn't Mourinho say something in January that Chelsea are now going to have to sell to buy to free up funds for transfers??

Raphael Honigstein said today on BT Sport that a deal for Mandzukic will involve Luiz possible going the other way.

If Mourinho signed up Mangala and added him along with Zouma who they bought in January (this could be the potential French central defence pairing for the next ten years by the way) then I don't see the point in keeping Christensen and Kalas at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.