Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

BigOscar said:
sam-caddick said:
With Chelsea selling Luiz I get the feeling there was something in Mangala's comments regarding Chelsea, he wouldn't just bring their name up by chance I wouldn't of though.

I am swaying more to Benatia now to be honest.
Did he bring Chelsea up? Or was he asked about them? Jorge Mendes is his agent and he's always using the media to try and get what he wants (and what he wants, generally, is all his players to play under Mourinho)

From what I read I am pretty sure he was the one who brought Chelsea up.

sam-caddick said:
BigOscar said:
sam-caddick said:
With Chelsea selling Luiz I get the feeling there was something in Mangala's comments regarding Chelsea, he wouldn't just bring their name up by chance I wouldn't of though.

I am swaying more to Benatia now to be honest.
Did he bring Chelsea up? Or was he asked about them? Jorge Mendes is his agent and he's always using the media to try and get what he wants (and what he wants, generally, is all his players to play under Mourinho)

From what I read I am pretty sure he was the one who brought Chelsea up.

He was asked if you could play in England, Chelsea/City. He picked Chelsea because of London. But besides that I think it's becoming more clear that we are getting players who are more finished- in their prime to push a long short term goals of continued success while we wait for our academy to develop underneath. We already have Nastasić and Rekik who are still very young so Mangala would stunt the growth of them or anyone currently in the EDS. Mangala is good but Benatia is great right now.

@cmdub @mikekeeganmen mangala still first choice but they've got two alternatives - one of whom is Benatia. Won't wait forever for EM.

Via Martin Blackburn

Benatia for me.

I still think Porto are going to demand around 40m euros for Mangala and whilst he looks a good prospect I don't think we can take such a gamble.

sam-caddick said:
Benatia for me.

I still think Porto are going to demand around 40m euros for Mangala and whilst he looks a good prospect I don't think we can take such a gamble.

@cmdub @mikekeeganmen yeah he'll leave Porto. City think he's dragging his feet. Ideally want their business done before World Cup.

Yeah...Mangala doesn't want to come here..

Seems that way. I'd think Txiki/ferran know why he's stalling and may move on because of it but he's also position 1 for a reason so who knows but we do want it all done before the WC so maybe something changes

I don't mind his london bright lights mentality.
It is best we find this out now though rather than after possibly signing him.
I prefer those like Zabba and Dave... Lads who look at the footy first.

TCIB said:
I don't mind his london bright lights mentality.
It is best we find this out now though rather than after possibly signing him.
I prefer those like Zabba and Dave... Lads who look at the footy first.

There's no guarantee Benatia will be any more keen though. That said, I'd happily go with whoever is willing to give us their answer first. They're almost certainly both being offered the same 'basic package', for the same position of starting centre half, and they're near as dammit going to end up costing similar amounts. We're not going to be hugely better or worse off with either, one is better now and one could be better in the future, but ultimately they're both what we need.

"First one to ring me back gets to play here, to the loser good luck finding another club".

If all else fails, Demichellis :D

BlueDejong said:
sam-caddick said:
Benatia for me.

@cmdub @mikekeeganmen yeah he'll leave Porto. City think he's dragging his feet. Ideally want their business done before World Cup.

Yeah...Mangala doesn't want to come here..

When you have Benatia coming out with these supposed quotes I know which defender I want.

I'm happy at Roma but at 27 I need to reflect regarding the big offers of clubs that any player dreams of: Barcelona, Bayern, Manchester City,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.