Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

TrueBlue1705 said:
Lord BLue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Why the f*ck is he saying this then knowing full well we are negotiating with Porto to sign him? - To me its a lack of class to come out with such a statement, it stinks of someone who thinks he's bigger than he is ....
Erm, maybe we're not

Then in this case it would make sense - but as I understand it has he not already acknoweldged that we were negotiating with Porto for him and stated we hadn't been able to agree a fee, whilst at the same time stating his preference for a London club....
Was that not in January, has he said that we've still been negotiating for him recently. I mean recent negotiations.

Lord BLue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Lord BLue said:
Erm, maybe we're not

Then in this case it would make sense - but as I understand it has he not already acknoweldged that we were negotiating with Porto for him and stated we hadn't been able to agree a fee, whilst at the same time stating his preference for a London club....
Was that not in January, has he said that we've still been negotiating for him recently. I mean recent negotiations.

Possibly from Jan and some creative journalism - but alarm bells are going off in my head with this deal - just like the Isco and Hazard sagas!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
Lord BLue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Possibly from Jan and some creative journalism - but alarm bells are going off in my head with this deal - just like the Isco and Hazard sagas!!
Sorry I meant the quotes may be recent but that our interest may have ended a few months ago for all we know.
To be honest I don't much care. I'll enjoy watching the footy no matter who we sign

Lord BLue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Lord BLue said:

Sorry I meant the quotes may be recent but that our interest may have ended a few months ago for all we know.
To be honest I don't much care. I'll enjoy watching the footy no matter who we sign

I get you - if we ended our interest would explain him bigging up London!!

A little brinkmanship from both sides maybe? Mangala's agent trying to bring other clubs in to force the price up? It is no surprise a player moving to a foreign country would prefer to live in the capital city. However if a deal was imminent to come to us his comments would appear unusual?

Can someone explain to a mere Northener what the big attraction is for these footballers in London. I mean, do the women have bigger tits or is the beer better or is they like the pie and mash too much. They're professional footballers FFS. If i was a footballer, i wouldn't give a flying fuck where the club was as long as i was getting paid well and had the chance of winning trophies. Hear this all the time from them and can't really understand it.
Would someone care to enlighten me.

goalmole said:
Can someone explain to a mere Northener what the big attraction is for these footballers in London. I mean, do the women have bigger tits or is the beer better or is they like the pie and mash too much. They're professional footballers FFS. If i was a footballer, i wouldn't give a flying fuck where the club was as long as i was getting paid well and had the chance of winning trophies. Hear this all the time from them and can't really understand it.
Well the options for a millionaire in London are virtually endless in comparrisson to Manchester. The rich pay an arm and a leg to come from every corner of the world to live in London for a reason. For poor fuckers like oursleves, London is an over crowded rats nest full of all kinds of unpleasantness, but for multimillionaire it is a completely different city full of endless high end shops, resteraunts and bars. It's a City built for the super wealthy, which Manchester really isn't

goalmole said:

My guess is it's more about the wife/girlfriend ala Berbatov. He was set to sign with Juve and his wife overruled the decision because she wanted to be in London so he signed with Fulham. Obviously if it was a footballing decision there is no comparison between Juve and Fulham so clearly it's important. Obviously there are more shopping spots, restaurants and clubs as well.

goalmole said:
Plenty of fancy restaurants and places like Kings Road, Harrods and so on to spend cash and also big mansions for him to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.