Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Cobwebcat said:
Benatia miles better than Mangala from what vie seen. Maybe City see potential in Mangala.
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LquwEtin0k8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LquwEtin0k8</a>

Flaws of youtube compilations aside I think there's indeed enough potential there to see him well surpass the likes of Benatia given a few years of tutelage under Kompany & co.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Cobwebcat said:
Benatia miles better than Mangala from what vie seen. Maybe City see potential in Mangala.
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LquwEtin0k8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LquwEtin0k8</a>

Flaws of youtube compilations aside I think there's indeed enough potential there to see him well surpass the likes of Benatia given a few years of tutelage under Kompany & co.

Can see good potential there but would like to see how he copes with quick skillful players a bit more. Seems to be a terrific header of the ball and a real set piece threat as well as a great athlete.

I am always a bit wary of players who are 26-28 who suddenly come onto the scene and are touted as one of the best in the world. I can't say I remember anyone meaning Benatia as one of the best last year, is this just a one of season? Please correct me if I am wrong I don't watch a huge amount of Serie A. Also Italian defenses tend to play much different to how we play, we have seen how Nastasic was great coming from Italy into Mancini's defence but was struggling with Pelles higher line, how do Roma play? Mangala looks like he would fit in fine with our high line.

Uptopbob said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Cobwebcat said:

Can see good potential there but would like to see how he copes with quick skillful players a bit more. Seems to be a terrific header of the ball and a real set piece threat as well as a great athlete.

I am always a bit wary of players who are 26-28 who suddenly come onto the scene and are touted as one of the best in the world. I can't say I remember anyone meaning Benatia as one of the best last year, is this just a one of season? Please correct me if I am wrong I don't watch a huge amount of Serie A. Also Italian defenses tend to play much different to how we play, we have seen how Nastasic was great coming from Italy into Mancini's defence but was struggling with Pelles higher line, how do Roma play? Mangala looks like he would fit in fine with our high line.
He did not suddenly come on the scene. He has always been good. And the label of one of the best is simply offseason talk. I don't think he is anywhere near the best defenders in the world. What he is is a fantastic footballer who happens to play defense. Like Vertonghen, Cahill, Agger, Demechelis, Garay, Luis, Lovren, and a host of other ball playing defenders that will be a great fit for our style of play. In that sense he is a good fit. But there are many others who fit that bill. Personally, I don't think Mangala is one of those. But I'll be happy to be wrong if we get him.

BlueDejong said:
MillionDollarDream said:
New rumor that Zouma will be loaned back again to ASE to then spend on Mangala.

I don't understand fucking Chelsea move.
Basically, they buy low, loan out, sell high, it's a way to boost their revenue streams albeit a very risky one. There will come a time where none of their loaned out players have increased in value and they'll have no transfer budget.

aguero93:20 said:
BlueDejong said:
MillionDollarDream said:
New rumor that Zouma will be loaned back again to ASE to then spend on Mangala.

I don't understand fucking Chelsea move.
Basically, they buy low, loan out, sell high, it's a way to boost their revenue streams albeit a very risky one. There will come a time where none of their loaned out players have increased in value and they'll have no transfer budget.
Not really, they don't make any money at all doing it. Any "profit" they by selling for more than they paid will be swallowed up by the agent fees, signing on fees and the wages when they're at the club, not to mention the cost of the players who never get sold. It's the same strategy Benfica use, but Benfica actually play the players so they are just using the system to break even while having a competitive team. I imagine they are just hoping that someone amazing breaks through while the lesser players just help their "youth system" break even.

It's not a great strategy though as Chelsea don't even train the players, so they end up with just random players that don't fit any particular plan or system. They are more just investing in players, rather than actually training them, it's hard to see that being the way to get the best out of them

BigOscar you mentioned Mendes doing dodgy deals at Madrid while Jose was there. Do you think the same is happening at Chelsea? Mendes's company does own part of Mangala

MCFC4EVR said:
BigOscar you mentioned Mendes doing dodgy deals at Madrid while Jose was there. Do you think the same is happening at Chelsea? Mendes's company does own part of Mangala
Yup, exactly his sort of thing. He brought in Di Maria, Coentrao, Ricardo Carvalho and some random unknown Portuguese defender from his stable when at Real and they all received special treatment and regular new contracts, he also tried hard to sign other players from the agency and to convince others at Real to join Gestifute (Mendes's agency). He wants as many of his players with Mourinho as he can get them to tow the Mourinho line and all "mutualy benefit" from it. No surprise to see Chelsea are apparently signing Tiago off Atletico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.