Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

If Chelsea come in at the 11th hour and sign him I will be f*cking fuming, it would mean Mangala, Mendes and Moanrinho have been playing us like a f*cking violin!!!

Bruun said:
Marvin said:
razman said:
Simon Curtis ‏@bifana_bifana 4m
#MCFC €40m bid for Mangala formalised + accepted (no formal #CFC bid), depends on Martins Indi willingness to transfer from Feyenoord to FCP
So we're looking for Porto to bring in a defender before this deal progresses?

But didn't FC Porto already agree a 8m £ fee for Martins Indi?

Looks like deal is close......I think Porto are just waiting to complete deal after world cup.....Does this mean we have to wait for Porto AND Roma to find replacements before we can sign Mangala/Benatia??...this is all dragging on a bit now....

Martins Indi to Porto almost a done deal
Posted By Himanshu Dhingra On July 3rd, 2014 08:15 PM | Eredivisie, News

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-oranje.com/martins-indi-to-porto-almost-a-done-deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-oranje.com/martins- ... done-deal/</a>

Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi’s transfer to FC Porto is set to be completed after the world cup.

By Himanshu Dhingra
Follow Himanshu on Twitter

The Portuguese born Feyenoord defender has been at the club since 2009 and is contracted till the summer of 2016, but after a fee was agreed with Porto, he is set to leave Rotterdam.

This is what the 22 year old had to say about the transfer to AD Sportwereld,

“It would be for me a very nice step. They have a very good trainer (Julen Lopetegui) who has a lot of faith in me, not only as a defender, but in my footballing qualities too.”

“Portugal is in my heart. Therefore also would fit nicely. Wait to see whether it all comes all the way around, but it looks to me good, though. FC Porto is a nice club, of course.”

A fee of 8.5 million is being muted with the medical to take place after the world cup.

Sounds like Porto are preparing for his sale, but what about Man Utd? Talk of Chelsea, but they have bought Zouma for the centre-back position. Utd are surely going to be looking to strengthen in the centre-back position now that Rio and Vidic have gone

My feeling is based on nothing other than my gut feeling but I really do think Mangala will be a flop. Superficially, he looks too reliant on his physical attributes which is never good for a defender. Benatia looks the safer option. But I have complete faith in our scouting team.

Bruun said:
Marvin said:
razman said:
Simon Curtis ‏@bifana_bifana 4m
#MCFC €40m bid for Mangala formalised + accepted (no formal #CFC bid), depends on Martins Indi willingness to transfer from Feyenoord to FCP
So we're looking for Porto to bring in a defender before this deal progresses?

But didn't FC Porto already agree a 8m £ fee for Martins Indi?

Is Mangala worth four times this guy ? ( I have not watched Mangala at all )

As unlikely as it may seem given our FFP restrictions does anyone think we might get Mangala and Benatia?

It seems we're balls deep in both and fees / terms are at advanced stages.

Stoned Rose said:
As unlikely as it may seem given our FFP restrictions does anyone think we might get Mangala and Benatia?

In a word... no!

Stoned Rose said:

Either not both.

ForzaMancini said:
My feeling is based on nothing other than my gut feeling but I really do think Mangala will be a flop. Superficially, he looks too reliant on his physical attributes which is never good for a defender. Benatia looks the safer option. But I have complete faith in our scouting team.

Don't think your the only one that feels this way mate....Benatia seems to be the best option and is ready to win now but is young enough to keep getting better...City seem to be betting on greatness with Mangala in the hope that he develops into a world class CB with more experience....He is a good CB and will improve us but don't understand why he'd the main option when Benatia would bring leadership/talent/experience to the middle of the back 4 right away......like you say, we gotta trust the scouting team on this one but from the outside looking in...Benatia would seem the better fit!

Don't want him don't want him! Massive mistake splashing this much on him. And no I don't trust city scouting team on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.