Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

I would prefer Mangala, I mean erm Benatia, or was it Mangala.
No pretty sure its Benatia. I dont fucking know

Ireland_for_pm said:
Don't want him don't want him! Massive mistake splashing this much on him. And no I don't trust city scouting team on this one.

Go on, tell us why you don't trust City's scout team currently?

Starting to sound like last summer on here. Negredo was a poor signing after we were linked with Cavani, Fernandinho couldn't be much good because he hardly played for Brazil and no one had taken him from Ukraine before the age of 28, Demichelis was too old and slow, Navas was a speed merchant with no end product because he didn't have many assists the previous season for Sevilla. I think only Jovetic got a free pass.

Sack the scouts, Bluemoon Knows Best. I wonder how many people have actually seen Mangala more than 10 times to come to the conclusion he's not good enough for City. I watch loads of football and couldn't begin to truly know which player would be better for City - Benatia or Mangala. The Portuguese league isn't even shown in England so I'm guessing many have made their mind up on a bad game against Sevilla (young player in having a 'mare shocker).

On paper, Benatia might be better for the immediate future, but we have people who watch these two every week and analyse every little detail about the player. So if Mangala is #1, then they probably have a damn good reason for it. There may also be thought to our aging squad and that when players like Kompany are aging or finished, Mangala will have matured into his prime and could lead the defence.

In 2018, Kompany will be 32, Kolarov 32, Clichy 32, Zabaleta 33, Fernando 31, Fernandinho 33, Yaya 35, Milner 32, Nasri 31, Navas 32, Aguero 30, Dzeko 32, Silva 32.

... Benatia 31, Mangala 27

LoveCity said:
The Portuguese league isn't even shown in England so I'm guessing many have made their mind up on a bad game against Sevilla (young player in having a 'mare shocker).

Wasn't that the same game Fernando missed?

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:
The Portuguese league isn't even shown in England so I'm guessing many have made their mind up on a bad game against Sevilla (young player in having a 'mare shocker).

Yup, Fernando missed the 2nd leg and Porto were battered 4-1. He played in the 1st leg which Porto won 1-0, the only goal coming from... Mangala (who scored 3 goals in 6 games in the Europa League last year).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/816626/Live/Europe-UEFA-Europa-League-2013-2014-FC-Porto-Sevilla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/816626 ... to-Sevilla</a>

Indeed,the team was missing one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and Mangala's own game suffered because he was attempting to cover for the deficiencies of his team mates iirc ......

But hey,lets not let facts get in the way.

They also had Diego Reyes making his first appearance in the first team, their backup keeper in net and the rightback had such a shocker he was dragged off at half time in place of a B team winger. It was a disaster of a game all round, judging Mangala off that game would be very short sighted

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:

Always something called streaming though.

I just can`t quite believe some of the shite thats being posted on this thread regarding this players strengths,weaknesses and moreso the opinions of some "when I`ve seen him he`s been shit, wouldn`t have it any cost ... blah,blah,blah"
I`m soooooooooo glad our management team don`t look in this forum and think "well if they say he`s shit whats the point of buying him".
Are some of you the same people who also didn`t rate this time last year the likes of Negrado, Navas, Fernandinho and Demichelis and in the end had their eye wiped by this foursome who helped us win the league and a domestic cup.
Thankfully I have more faith in our Management Team who continue to bring in some excellent players and I for one couldn`t care less how much they cost,their age nor their so called lack of International Caps due to players x,y and z, who are keeping them out currently.
I seem to remember that all four of the above,IIRC, were also not involved in International duty with their respective countries and were in and out more times than Shreks winkle at an OAP party.
Its a forum and every ones welcomed to an opinion,but some of you need to get your head out of your arses and think of the above scenario that those four players were at only 12 months ago.
Lets wait,watch and pass judgements in good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.