Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
He would be a great buy,better than benatia

He isn't better than Benatia, no chance.

Mangala is promising but he is €20m worth of promising, not €40m.

Yet he seems to be our clubs first choice.......

No disrespect Sam but I'll back the judgement of the guys whose jobs depend on getting this sort of shit right ;.)

Txiki hasn't got a good track record with central defenders, look up Martin Caceres, Henrique Adriano and to top it all off, Dmitro Chygrynskiy.

Defenders seems to be Txiki's blind spot if you look at his signings at Barcelona.

The only reason I can think we are looking at Mangala is because of his age and the fact we cannot really afford to add many more ageing players so we are going for one of the best younger options , adding in also that Benatia has AFCON involvement which can affect a teams performance big time as we have seen over the past few years with Yaya.

sam-caddick said:
Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:
He isn't better than Benatia, no chance.

Mangala is promising but he is €20m worth of promising, not €40m.

No disrespect Sam but I'll back the judgement of the guys whose jobs depend on getting this sort of shit right ;.)

Txiki hasn't got a good track record with central defenders, look up Martin Caceres, Henrique Adriano and to top it all off, Dmitro Chygrynskiy.

Defenders seems to be Txiki's blind spot if you look at his signings at Barcelona.

The only reason I can think we are looking at Mangala is because of his age and the fact we cannot really afford to add many more ageing players so we are going for one of the best younger options , and the fact that Benatia has AFCON involvement which can affect a teams perfromance big time as we have seen over the past few years with Yaya.

yeah, you cannot learn from your mistakes, eh? If he has got it wrong before, doesn't mean every centre back he signs is waste. wake up

LoveCity said:
Starting to sound like last summer on here. Negredo was a poor signing after we were linked with Cavani, Fernandinho couldn't be much good because he hardly played for Brazil and no one had taken him from Ukraine before the age of 28, Demichelis was too old and slow, Navas was a speed merchant with no end product because he didn't have many assists the previous season for Sevilla. I think only Jovetic got a free pass.

Sack the scouts, Bluemoon Knows Best. I wonder how many people have actually seen Mangala more than 10 times to come to the conclusion he's not good enough for City. I watch loads of football and couldn't begin to truly know which player would be better for City - Benatia or Mangala. The Portuguese league isn't even shown in England so I'm guessing many have made their mind up on a bad game against Sevilla (young player in having a 'mare shocker).

On paper, Benatia might be better for the immediate future, but we have people who watch these two every week and analyse every little detail about the player. So if Mangala is #1, then they probably have a damn good reason for it. There may also be thought to our aging squad and that when players like Kompany are aging or finished, Mangala will have matured into his prime and could lead the defence.

In 2018, Kompany will be 32, Kolarov 32, Clichy 32, Zabaleta 33, Fernando 31, Fernandinho 33, Yaya 35, Milner 32, Nasri 31, Navas 32, Aguero 30, Dzeko 32, Silva 32.

... Benatia 31, Mangala 27

While that is true, we would have Rekik 23, Nastasic 25, Lopez 23, and either one of Barkley or pogba if we get them, at 24/25. Not to mention some good academy propects would be in early 20s. And i doubt City won't sign players of the age of 25-27 in between 2015-2018

MeatHunterrr said:
sam-caddick said:
Davs 19 said:

The only reason I can think we are looking at Mangala is because of his age and the fact we cannot really afford to add many more ageing players so we are going for one of the best younger options , and the fact that Benatia has AFCON involvement which can affect a teams perfromance big time as we have seen over the past few years with Yaya.

yeah, you cannot learn from your mistakes, eh? If he has got it wrong before, doesn't mean every centre back he signs is waste. wake up

Im sure its pellegrini who will choose what players he wants not the directors they will just be asked to sort the deal out!

uwe rosler 28 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
sam-caddick said:

Im sure its pellegrini who will choose what players he wants not the directors they will just be asked to sort the deal out!

We don't really work like that anymore.

The point of the director of football is to scout and bring in players he believes fit the team, the manager is their to primarily coach.

Pellegrini will have say but Txiki will make the final decision.

Defenders are tixis blind spot how ridiculous is that statement.if you sign 5- 10 players theres a chance one wont work out I.e garcia for us.scouts watch players until there sure his profile will fit the club but you have to adjust to the pace of a different league.I trust our top brass to get it right because they have been spot on with the players signed recently.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Defenders are tixis blind spot how ridiculous is that statement.if you sign 5- 10 players theres a chance one wont work out I.e garcia for us.scouts watch players until there sure his profile will fit the club but you have to adjust to the pace of a different league.I trust our top brass to get it right because they have been spot on with the players signed recently.
Eh? Garcia? Didn't work out?
Christ !

asgoodasitgets said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
Eh? Garcia? Didn't work out?
Christ !
i think he will be sold had a couple of good games but not at the standard we need.

This age thing means we have to have some huge CL run while our current top plaers are in their best years. Would be a shame not even reaching a simple 1/4 finals in years...
And thats not a huge CL run. (Even Spurs did that at first trying or Malaga.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.