Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Marvin said:
Seems that Chelsea are going to send Zouma out on loan (Guardian). They've already sent Kalas out on loan and Luiz has gone, so judging by that they must be confident of bringing in an experienced central defender as they only have Cahill and the OAPs Ivanovic & Terry.

I'm not sure who is Mangala's agent, but if it's Mendes then it's likely he will go to Chelsea as they have an established relationship.
just trust the club to make the right choice at the end of the day what will be will be stop worrying.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Marvin said:
Seems that Chelsea are going to send Zouma out on loan (Guardian). They've already sent Kalas out on loan and Luiz has gone, so judging by that they must be confident of bringing in an experienced central defender as they only have Cahill and the OAPs Ivanovic & Terry.

I'm not sure who is Mangala's agent, but if it's Mendes then it's likely he will go to Chelsea as they have an established relationship.
just trust the club to make the right choice at the end of the day what will be will be stop worrying.

I agree.....the only thing I find strange is that City are still waiting to find out if Mangala wants to join us?? If you think Porto and City have been in talks over Mangala since Jan transfer window....so you would think City would know by now if Mangala wanted to come here or not.......If Mangala still doesn't know, then we should move on anyway.....Benatia on the other hand is desperate enough to miss out on a 3mil bonus to get the deal done....

Hope we now see some movement in talks....

City issue Mangala ultimatum
Jul 08, 2014 07:51 By Stuart Brennan 0 Comments
French defender is believed to be wanted by a host of clubs this summer but the Blues aren't willing to wait around for his decision.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-eliaquim-mangala-7387132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... la-7387132</a>

City are urging Eliaquim Mangala to decide his future as they try to complete their summer transfer jigsaw.

The Blues are today expected to add goalkeeper Willy Caballero to their squad in a deal initially worth around £6.3million, leaving them with just a centre-back berth to fill on their summer shopping list.

The Blues already have an agreed price with Mangala’s club Porto, believed to be around £32million, but have been waiting to hear from the player.

Mangala refused to discuss his destination until he returned from World Cup duty and gave City cause for concern by hinting that he would prefer a move to Chelsea because he fancied life in London
That comment was taken as either a negotiating tactic or a joke by the Blues, who resolved to wait on Mangala’s decision. He has also been linked with United.

City have kept another iron in the fire by pursuing a deal for Roma’s Mehdi Benatia, but that deal is expected to founder on his club’s insistence on a £30million fee.

Argentine goalkeeper Caballero flew into Manchester yesterday and had his medical and the club had hoped to announce his capture last night.

But a late hitch delayed the transfer, after Malaga owner Abdullah al Thani declared on Twitter the keeper was ‘not for sale’.

He then back-tracked, claiming it would be pointless to stand in the way of a player who wanted to leave.

The 32-year-old Malaga star is expected to provide Joe Hart with competition.

The Blues players who took no part in the World Cup returned to training yesterday.

Catch updates on the go with our app and e-edition for your phone and tablet

Seems strange to me if we truly are waiting around for this guy when Benatia is very keen. I'd rather have someone here who really wants the move, like Fern did last summer. Also concern is Sakho getting in national team ahead of Mangala, if we are paying 30m+ then he should be the main man at the back for the national team, although i guess he has time on his side to do that, it could also be that Deschamps is a tool.

I've probably seen Mangala play a dozen times, and he looks a talent no doubt, but i'd rather we went for Benatia, who is already the real deal and will improve further.

tonethestone said:
Seems strange to me if we truly are waiting around for this guy when Benatia is very keen. I'd rather have someone here who really wants the move, like Fern did last summer. Also concern is Sakho getting in national team ahead of Mangala, if we are paying 30m+ then he should be the main man at the back for the national team, although i guess he has time on his side to do that, it could also be that Deschamps is a tool.

I've probably seen Mangala play a dozen times, and he looks a talent no doubt, but i'd rather we went for Benatia, who is already the real deal and will improve further.
Every manager sees thing differently, but Sakho ahead of Managala certainly made me raise my eyebrows. I've seen Mangala play 5-6 times and tbh I've never been impressed and was surprised when I heard we were in for him and how highly rated around Europe he is.

Obviously the club have seen more of Mangala than I have and I will always trust their judgement as I have only ever seen Benatia play 3 times and he didn't stand out to me as being good or bad. But a lot has to be said for a player desperately wanting to come to us as opposed to one who's hanging around to see if a better offer emerges.

In this case we seriously do need to issue him with an time limit ultimatum and if he bypasses it, we should just wipe our mouths, move on and negotiate the best deal possible for Benatia.

Sakho was part of a Liverpool defence that leaked goals for fun and didn't exactly set the premier league alight. Everytime I saw him play he just reminded me of a shit Kolo. Harsh maybe but it is worrying that Mangala is perceived good enough by Deschamps to start. That said Deschamps didn't rate Clichy or Nasri

My apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, but I couldn't find it.

Can someone enlighten me please, how spending such a huge amount of money on a very young and unproven player makes sense?

I haven't watched him play at all, so I don't know his qualities. But if we go through the negatives of this potential transfer, they add up to some worrying substance me thinks.

- Unproven
- Mega Expensive
- Has showed NO interest of joining us
- would be a huge gamble which could come back to bite us in the ass big time.

Anyone who knows more about him than I do, please let me/us know why this is a good deal.

Matt the Giant said:
My apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, but I couldn't find it.

Can someone enlighten me please, how spending such a huge amount of money on a very young and unproven player makes sense?

I haven't watched him play at all, so I don't know his qualities. But if we go through the negatives of this potential transfer, they add up to some worrying substance me thinks.

- Unproven
- Mega Expensive

Anyone who knows more about him than I do, please let me/us know why this is a good deal.
^^^^ What Matt said ^^^^

Matt the Giant said:

- Unproven
- Mega Expensive

Unproven? He's already a fantastic young player with the potential to become even better.
Mega Expensive? The fee quoted seems fair for a player of his quality.
Showed No Interest? If he's not interested in joining us then presumably he won't.
Huge Gamble? Trust the judgement of the people at the club who know what they're doing.

Dribble said:
Matt the Giant said:

- Unproven
- Mega Expensive

^^^^ What Matt said ^^^^

^^^^^What Dribble said ^^^^^^

Don't get it myself either

The only thing I would say about Deschamps is that he prefers Varane and Sakho ahead of Koscielny who I think is actually better than both of them

During a spending cap I think spending £35m on an unproven player is ridiculous, id rather have MDM for another season and sign Sanchez/Di Maria

I mentioned signing someone for half the price who can 'tie us over' until next summer but according to numerous people on here those players don't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.