Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Pleased we seem to have got our man as it's no secret we've been in for him for some time.

Don't know much about him, but he seems to be very well regarded and I'm sure City know their targets

I hope he gets introduced slowly though. It took Demichelis half a season to adapt, and that's not unusual

SwiftBlue said:
Before I start this post let me first say I am very pleased if these Mangala rumours are now true. Tho i'd have personally preferred Benatia, Eliaquim is younger and has experience of high level CL football, hopefully with a great future ahead.

Also, apologies if this post had already been made by someone already, or a post along similar lines.

What i'll say is that I feel City have in a way, kind of wasted this window. YES we do seem to have paid for 2 excellent players in Mangala and Fernando that will potentially improve the squad depth vastly. HOWEVER, City could have already potentially signed these 2 players back in January, where everyone still admitted that, if we were to have competed on all 4 fronts both signings were needed. Fernando and Mangala (or at least one of them) could have been a City player already on Feb 1st of this year, and by delaying their transfer (the fees involved for either player are hardly any lower than what Porto demanded back in January) we've ended blowing the entire FFP set budget on them. If City had completed one or both of the deals then we might of still been able to go for a luxury signing this Summer (i.e one of Vidal/Pogba/Barkley/Sanchez/Fabregas or someone else that may become available).

I'll reiterate, i'm very happy with the signings, just disappointed we couldn't of done any of the deals months back and spent the FFP allowance in another way. I'll admit however, that most likely Txiki and co, weren't aware of the exact punishment we'd get regarding FFP (still a joke) if we'd receive any at all so delaying those deals was understandable in that regard.

Well we didn't make the signings in January, for whatever reason (Porto being difficult to deal with as I understand it), so we are where we are, we still won the league without them, now we have them (it seems) so what the fuck are you moaning about?

BigOscar said:
Fully expect 5+ goals from him next year, he attacks the ball in the air as well as anyone I've ever seen.

He started his career as a striker so certainly has attacking instincts.Were going to be lethal from set plays:-)

Very pleased with how our squad is shaping up. Depth at CM and CB were big problems last year and it seems we have solved that now.

Puppet Master Silva said:
FantasyIreland said:
Puppet Master Silva said:

So,after months of hard negotiation,the club signs the player they made their number one target and refused to give up on....you think their may be a reason for that?

Yet you say your 'gutted' at this news?? seriously,fucking do one.

Imagine a world where people are allowed an opinion. Moron.

so is he not allowed an opinion about your opinion then?

BringBackSwales said:
SwiftBlue said:
Before I start this post let me first say I am very pleased if these Mangala rumours are now true. Tho i'd have personally preferred Benatia, Eliaquim is younger and has experience of high level CL football, hopefully with a great future ahead.

Also, apologies if this post had already been made by someone already, or a post along similar lines.

What i'll say is that I feel City have in a way, kind of wasted this window. YES we do seem to have paid for 2 excellent players in Mangala and Fernando that will potentially improve the squad depth vastly. HOWEVER, City could have already potentially signed these 2 players back in January, where everyone still admitted that, if we were to have competed on all 4 fronts both signings were needed. Fernando and Mangala (or at least one of them) could have been a City player already on Feb 1st of this year, and by delaying their transfer (the fees involved for either player are hardly any lower than what Porto demanded back in January) we've ended blowing the entire FFP set budget on them. If City had completed one or both of the deals then we might of still been able to go for a luxury signing this Summer (i.e one of Vidal/Pogba/Barkley/Sanchez/Fabregas or someone else that may become available).

I'll reiterate, i'm very happy with the signings, just disappointed we couldn't of done any of the deals months back and spent the FFP allowance in another way. I'll admit however, that most likely Txiki and co, weren't aware of the exact punishment we'd get regarding FFP (still a joke) if we'd receive any at all so delaying those deals was understandable in that regard.

Well we didn't make the signings in January, for whatever reason (Porto being difficult to deal with as I understand it), so we are where we are, we still won the league without them, now we have them (it seems) so what the fuck are you moaning about?

You miss the part about competing on all 4 fronts? I feel that w/ Mangala and Fernando perhaps City would have been able to go further in the CL and FA Cup, as well as that, the restricted funds of the Summer could have been spent then in another way. I'll admit that sounds very spoilt however & I still am very happy with this Summer's business. Great improvements made to the squad, were we now have depth at the back as well as in attack. Can't wait for this season.

SwiftBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
SwiftBlue said:

You miss the part about competing on all 4 fronts? I feel that w/ Mangala and Fernando perhaps City would have been able to go further in the CL and FA Cup, as well as that, the restricted funds of the Summer could have been spent then in another way. I'll admit that sounds very spoilt however & I still am very happy with this Summer's business. Great improvements made to the squad, were we now have depth at the back as well as in attack. Can't wait for this season.

Porto were very difficult to deal with apparently, tried to screw us for as much as possible, we walked away, it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.