Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

cleavers said:
RandomJ said:
He didn't get a game for France and has been on holiday for a few weeks boozing and whatever else so he will be weeks away from match fitness. Every single day this drags on is critical.
I don't think you have much understanding of modern european footballers, we're not signing Richard Dunne, he'll be as fit as required, I would imagine over the last fortnight since the video, he's been following a specific fitness programme arranged by the club, probably supervised by someone from the club.

He'll be fine, and even if he'd been here two weeks ago, which was unlikely since all the players who got past the group stages of the WC arrived back on Monday, its only 4 weeks since he was with France, training, in case required in a world cup game.

Behave. Have you ever actually seen footballers on a holiday or seen pictures of them on holiday? They go fucking hard on the booze. They are on strict fitness and diet regimes where they have to be careful all year round so obviously on the few weeks they get off a year they are going to let loose and have fun. Mangala is young and rich he will have been enjoying himself. I have no doubt he'd have been running or something during that time but since he didn't play a game for France there is zero chance he will be anywhere near match fitness.

RandomJ said:
cleavers said:
RandomJ said:
He didn't get a game for France and has been on holiday for a few weeks boozing and whatever else so he will be weeks away from match fitness. Every single day this drags on is critical.
I don't think you have much understanding of modern european footballers, we're not signing Richard Dunne, he'll be as fit as required, I would imagine over the last fortnight since the video, he's been following a specific fitness programme arranged by the club, probably supervised by someone from the club.

He'll be fine, and even if he'd been here two weeks ago, which was unlikely since all the players who got past the group stages of the WC arrived back on Monday, its only 4 weeks since he was with France, training, in case required in a world cup game.

Behave. Have you ever actually seen footballers on a holiday or seen pictures of them on holiday? They go fucking hard on the booze. They are on strict fitness and diet regimes where they have to be careful all year round so obviously on the few weeks they get off a year they are going to let loose and have fun. Mangala is young and rich he will have been enjoying himself. I have no doubt he'd have been running or something during that time but since he didn't play a game for France there is zero chance he will be anywhere near match fitness.

It might be a tad unfair to tar all European players with the same brush as some of our British players who like a pint or ten and a fag for that matter!!! ... Its more ingrained in the British culture not so much the case in a lot of other European countries IMO .....

TrueBlue1705 said:
RandomJ said:
cleavers said:

It might be a tad unfair to tar all European players with the same brush as some of our British players who like a pint or ten and a fag for that matter!!! ... Its more ingrained in the British culture not so much the case in a lot of other European countries IMO .....

168551388.jpg

article-0-19BA5D4D000005DC-48_634x408.jpg

Miroslav-Klose-Luca-Toni-Franck-Ribery-Bayern-Munich-cropped.jpg

RandomJ said:
OK whatever, no doubt you think they all go to Magaluf on holiday, and spend 2 weeks on the piss. 15 years ago, I suspect most of ours did, but this squad is at the top of their profession for a damn good reason, and it isn't because they get smashed every night in the summer break that's for sure.

As I said nobody is "match fit" right now, some haven't played a competetive match in over 10 weeks.

cleavers said:
RandomJ said:
OK whatever, no doubt you think they all go to Magaluf on holiday, and spend 2 weeks on the piss. 15 years ago, I suspect most of ours did, but this squad is at the top of their profession for a damn good reason, and it isn't because they get smashed every night in the summer break that's for sure.

As I said nobody is "match fit" right now, some haven't played a competetive match in over 10 weeks.

[bigimg]https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/24764c29b2e95422f8b102ade4301374ddb69930746dc57fe690892d3a137764_large[/bigimg]

Puppet Master Silva said:
cleavers said:
RandomJ said:

[bigimg]https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/24764c29b2e95422f8b102ade4301374ddb69930746dc57fe690892d3a137764_large[/bigimg]

looking at that photo it looks like Joe's going to be our modern day Barry Siddall soon

Puppet Master Silva said:
cleavers said:
RandomJ said:

For someone who's the face of a hair product Joe's hair is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.