Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

dan.j.mcfc said:
Bulldoglikeapproach said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Haha we can blame Leslie all we like but our owners signed whoever the hell he wanted, people here trying to claim we're "oh so shrewd" yet PSG are mugs is funny.

Under completely different management now from then, top to bottom. I think the Sheikh, Khaldoon, and Marwood are the only ones still here from then.

Still spending the same mans money, regardless of whoever he puts in place underneath him! Khaldoon still calls all the shots on behalf of his royal highness.

Are we seriously trying to take the moral high ground over PSG? Let me just remind you that Khaldoon gave the go-ahead for a £22 million pound move for Joleon Lescott.

not done too bad since he joined us has he? And are you criticising the chairman for supporting the manager in the transfer market?

Sparkys-Army said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Let me just remind you that Khaldoon gave the go-ahead for a £22 million pound move for Joleon Lescott.

I wouldn't say that's our worst bit of business. For £22 million, he's been excellent.

At the time we overpaid when you compare the kind of player who was commanding that kind of fee, but I always feel that with Joleoninho we have had good value for that fee.

BringBackSwales said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Under completely different management now from then, top to bottom. I think the Sheikh, Khaldoon, and Marwood are the only ones still here from then.

Still spending the same mans money, regardless of whoever he puts in place underneath him! Khaldoon still calls all the shots on behalf of his royal highness.

Are we seriously trying to take the moral high ground over PSG? Let me just remind you that Khaldoon gave the go-ahead for a £22 million pound move for Joleon Lescott.

not done too bad since he joined us has he? And are you criticising the chairman for supporting the manager in the transfer market?

Not criticising anyone, I'm actually defending PSG. People claiming they have idiotic owners, who will go out and overpay for a player they potentially don't need, whereas we've done the same and yet they simply seem to forget that. Like I say it's not a criticism of our owner/chairman, it's their money, they want the best team, so they can spend it on who the hell they like, just like PSG can.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Sparkys-Army said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Let me just remind you that Khaldoon gave the go-ahead for a £22 million pound move for Joleon Lescott.

I wouldn't say that's our worst bit of business. For £22 million, he's been excellent.

At the time we overpaid when you compare the kind of player who was commanding that kind of fee, but I always feel that with Joleoninho we have had good value for that fee.

£22 million at that time was atrocious. Just the season before, Thiago Silva cost AC Milan 10 million euros.

dan.j.mcfc said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Sparkys-Army said:

£22 million at that time was atrocious. Just the season before, Thiago Silva cost AC Milan 10 million euros.

We had to pay over the odds in those days, we don't have to do that anymore.

dan.j.mcfc said:
BringBackSwales said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

Not criticising anyone, I'm actually defending PSG. People claiming they have idiotic owners, who will go out and overpay for a player they potentially don't need, whereas we've done the same and yet they simply seem to forget that. Like I say it's not a criticism of our owner/chairman, it's their money, they want the best team, so they can spend it on who the hell they like, just like PSG can.
Who said they have idiotic owners? The owners aren't football men, they put their trust and money into people to take care of that side for them. And those people at PSG still have that scattergun approach that we had before our owners put Txiki/Soriano in charge of their money.

Of course they can't be helped by the fact that their president is such an arrogant media-whore, wouldn't be surprised if he interfered with matters.

we can now pick and choose, its not like it used to be paying hugely inflated prices, players now want to come because are up there with the best. now we can set the demand, not vice versa. we want players that want to give their all, not just to pick up a huge paypacket like it may have been not so long ago, then some paid off but a gd few didnt, mentioning no names(yet)

Bottomless_Sailor said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
BringBackSwales said:

Who said they have idiotic owners? The owners aren't football men, they put their trust and money into people to take care of that side for them. And those people at PSG still have that scattergun approach that we had before our owners put Txiki/Soriano in charge of their money.

Of course they can't be helped by the fact that their president is such an arrogant media-whore, wouldn't be surprised if he interfered with matters.

So what are we saying here? PSG are doing something that we used to do, but now it's wrong and stupid? There seems to be an arrogance and ignorance among some of us. The only reason we have changed our approach is FFP, otherwise we would be bidding for the likes of Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo etc...every summer.

I don't get why we're trying to take the moral high ground over PSG, I think some of it is just sour grapes that they can spend bigger than we can.

dan.j.mcfc said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

So what are we saying here? PSG are doing something that we used to do, but now it's wrong and stupid? There seems to be an arrogance and ignorance among some of us. The only reason we have changed our approach is FFP, otherwise we would be bidding for the likes of Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo etc...every summer.

I don't get why we're trying to take the moral high ground over PSG, I think some of it is just sour grapes that they can spend bigger than we can.

I don't think we would be doing things much differently even without FFP. I think our owners want to build something with solid foundations and longer lasting. I'm not sure PSG have the same ambitions. The only difference FFP made was they had to get us into the top 4 before the doors slammed shut.

dan.j.mcfc said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Haha we can blame Leslie all we like but our owners signed whoever the hell he wanted, people here trying to claim we're "oh so shrewd" yet PSG are mugs is funny.

Why are you slagging your own club and officials ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.