Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Validity- Very low
Worth it?- Yes and no. He has the potential to be one of the most dominating CB's in football, but that's a ridiculous amount for a CB, especially one who isn't the finished article. If they genuinely believe that he will fulfill his promise, then I guess the amount becomes less relevant, as he could be the cornerstone of our defence for the next decade or more. I can't think of another young CB who I'd rather gamble on though tbh. Can fill in as a Micah-esque leftback aswell

mad zab said:
Just can't see us paying 37m

Probably just another twitter rumour

http://www.le10sport.com/football/m...-offre-45-millions-deuros-pour-mangala-131823

Manchester City went concrete action on the back of French defender FC Porto Eliaquim Mangala .

As announced by Le 10 Sport last week , Manchester City just passed back to the action on the French defender of FC Porto, Eliaquim Mangala , also coveted by Chelsea and AS Monaco .

You may be interested :

Mercato - AS Monaco : Ranieri confirmed a wave of departures

THE BLUES IN ACTION

According to our information , the Blues from Manchester City in recent hours have passed a new offer of $ 45 million for FC Porto. They had already proposed this sum at the end of the summer transfer window , but the direction of Porto refused . This time it could be different ...

MANGALA NOT HOT ?

However, Mangala is not very keen on the idea of change club in high season , although clearly favors a start in the Premier League. He is currently examining to make a clear decision .

To be continued ...

hahaha to be continued...how apt

citytill1die84 said:
37m is a joke and can't see City paying that in a million years.

If he is good enough to be world class for years, I could.

The final book value of Rio Ferdinand was £34m and that was in 2002. He was a wise investment because he was young, like Mangala, already capable of playing at a high level and with huge upside.

I haven't seen an awful lot of Mangala, but if he's going to be one of the next great defenders, a big investment wouldn't be out of the question, IMO. Remember, we paid £34m for Fernandinho (down to £30m when he waived his loyalty clause) and he is 28, so we paid that for maybe 4-5 years of service. Mangala could give us 10-14 years.

LeSport10 isn't a good source, but City definitely have been after Mangala... he said so himself in September!

Edit: We also need to be looking at younger players like this. Many of our best players are in their prime (27-30) and will be getting old at the same time in a few years.

LoveCity said:
citytill1die84 said:

The final book value of Rio Ferdinand was £34m and that was in 2002. He was a wise investment because he was young, like Mangala, already capable of playing at a high level and with huge upside.

I haven't seen an awful lot of Mangala, but if he's going to be one of the next great defenders, a big investment wouldn't be out of the question, IMO. Remember, we paid £34m for Fernandinho (down to £30m when he waived his loyalty clause) and he is 28, so we paid that for maybe 4-5 years of service. Mangala could give us 10-14 years.

LeSport10 isn't a good source, but City definitely have been after Mangala... he said so himself in September!

Edit: We also need to be looking at younger players like this. Many of our best players are in their prime (27-30) and will be getting old at the same time in a few years.

True mate but 37m is a crazy price if true.

citytill1die84 said:
LoveCity said:
citytill1die84 said:

don't worry yourself about it.

Also how can what LC said be true and crazy at the same time ?

80s Shorts said:
citytill1die84 said:
LoveCity said:

Easy I agree with what he says but I still believe it to be crazy.

citytill1die84 said:
80s Shorts said:
citytill1die84 said:

Easy I agree with what he says but I still believe it to be crazy.

Yes but why ?

its not your money. Camel Gob cost 32m years ago.

Have you watched him extensively and believe he is not worth it ?

Or have you decided it would be crazy just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.