Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
kun said:
LoveCity said:
Very hard to negotiate a fee down with Portuguese clubs, but they are often open to swap/makeweight deals. It's just, we don't have many expendable players and someone like Boyata is below their quality level.
Garcia?
de Jong in as a replacement, Lescott out on loan

Kompany, Mangala, Nastasic, Demichelis

Yaya, Fernandinho, de Jong, Rodwell

Na, not de jong. Done with that.

Cityisland said:
kun said:
LoveCity said:
Very hard to negotiate a fee down with Portuguese clubs, but they are often open to swap/makeweight deals. It's just, we don't have many expendable players and someone like Boyata is below their quality level.
Garcia?

Well that's that then.

kun said:
Cityisland said:
kun said:
Garcia?

Well that's that then.
same for me on de jong id much rather keep garcia then bring him back. not sure we'll be able to get this done in january prolly have to look towards the summer for this one

I'd rather keep Garcia, he does a job. I think loaning Rodwell out and bringing in a good all round CM that can rotate with Yaya and Fernandinho would be ideal. If Rodwell does well sell Garcia, if he doesn't it may be time to let him go.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-eliaquim-mangala-3021965

Manchester City revive Eliaquim Mangala transfer chase but Porto want £40m for the defender

Portuguese giants accept France centre-half may move on in the summer but don't want to sell now - will their hardball tactics scare the Blues off?

Manchester City have made a fresh move for Porto's highly-rated defender Eliaquim Mangala.

But the Portuguese champions insist they will not sell the France international in the current window for less than his estimated £40million buy-out clause.

That is likely to test even big-spending City's determination to land one of the most sought-after centre-halves in Europe.

Porto accept they may have to part with Mangala this summer but City are interested in taking him now and must decide whether to follow up their enquiries with a bid to tempt the Portuguese club.

It is believed the Quadruple-chasing Blues could be ready to offset any big deal with the offer of a loan of one of their out-of-favour players.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini is keen to shore up his defence and may only allow Joleon Lescott out on loan if he believes a new centre-half is coming in.

Defending away from home has been the one chink in City's armour this season, and scouts see Mangala as the best prospect around.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho tried to get the 22-year-old last summer, while Manchester United have also asked after him.

Mangala again...

Not seen much of this guy play but 40m? No thanks.four centre backs is ample til the end of the season.lescott unhappy? What a pity.earn your wages til May and then go wherever you want.

david whites spike said:
Not seen much of this guy play but 40m? No thanks.four centre backs is ample til the end of the season.lescott unhappy? What a pity.earn your wages til May and then go wherever you want.

Well, Lescott wanna go on loan to get playing time for WC, i understand if he's unhappy, and if we can get 100% wages covered, why not go for a new CB instead of having an unhappy player running around? :)

Bruun said:
david whites spike said:

Well, Lescott wanna go on loan to get playing time for WC, i understand if he's unhappy, and if we can get 100% wages covered, why not go for a new CB instead of having an unhappy player running around? :)
To save £40m? Cheaper alternatives in summer surely.i too understand lescott being unhappy but he's under contract and as a professional on generous wages would have to wait for his chance IMO

david whites spike said:
Bruun said:
david whites spike said:

To save £40m? Cheaper alternatives in summer surely.i too understand lescott being unhappy but he's under contract and as a professional on generous wages would have to wait for his chance IMO

Mangala in my opinion is well worth every penny spent. Perfect partner for Kompany, and replacement when he's out with injuries. And if you had the opportunity to play for a team week in, week out for the same wages, would you say no? It's not like we are getting any money for Lescott anyway.

end of day its only being reported in the most unreliable places, so its 99% a bs story.

would be an ace signing though if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.