Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
david whites spike said:
Bruun said:
david whites spike said:
Not seen much of this guy play but 40m? No thanks.four centre backs is ample til the end of the season.lescott unhappy? What a pity.earn your wages til May and then go wherever you want.

Well, Lescott wanna go on loan to get playing time for WC, i understand if he's unhappy, and if we can get 100% wages covered, why not go for a new CB instead of having an unhappy player running around? :)
To save £40m? Cheaper alternatives in summer surely.i too understand lescott being unhappy but he's under contract and as a professional on generous wages would have to wait for his chance IMO

Methinks you`re a wolf in sheeps clothing.Why else would anyone moan as much as you about one of the finest young players possibly coming to The Etihad.
In Manuel I trust.He gave us Fernan,The Beast,Navas and Demichelis,non of whom have let us down.I trust the Bosses judgement far more than yours thank you !!

totallywired said:
tonethestone said:
end of day its only being reported in the most unreliable places, so its 99% a bs story.

would be an ace signing though if true.
Not for £40m though.

yep its steep but again its prob bs anyway.

Welp Paul Clennam from goal just put an article up saying we're reviving our interest in otamendi/mangala as a replacement for lescott:

The 31-year-old England defender has agreed a deal in principle with the Hammers that would see Sam Allardyce's side match his current salary

By Paul Clennam

Joleon Lescott has been told his proposed move to West Ham is on hold until Manchester City sign a replacement, with the club stepping up their pursuit of Porto duo Eliaquim Mangala and Nicolas Otamendi in recent days.

Manuel Pellegrini despatched scouts to Portugal last weekend to watch Porto’s 2-0 defeat against Benfica in Lisbon, in which both centre-half targets featured.

City are keen to reinforce their defence this month and had identified the £35 million-rated (€42m) Mangala as the ideal candidate to partner captain Vincent Kompany, but view his Argentine team-mate as a potentially cheaper alternative.

Lescott, meanwhile, is hopeful of sealing a move to West Ham where he will be guaranteed first-team football and a chance to boost his hopes of being included in England’s World Cup squad.

The 31-year-old has agreed deal in principle with the Hammers that would see the relegation-threatened side match his £90,000-a-week (€108,000) salary until the end of the current campaign and will receive a bonus three-year deal on £50,000-a-week (€60,000) should he help Sam Allardyce’s team beat the drop.

The east London club ended a nightmare run of just one win in their last 10 games with victory over fellow strugglers Cardiff on Saturday and currently sit one place outside the drop zone by virtue of a superior goal difference.

Lescott, who moved to the Etihad Stadium from Everton back in 2009 and who was an integral part of City’s title-winning campaign, has featured just 15 times under Pellegrini this season.

src: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/01/15/4545156/lescotts-west-ham-move-on-hold-as-manchester-city-revive-mangala-?ICID=HP_BN_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... ID=HP_BN_1</a>

to be fair clennam has been writing reliable stuff on us for a while now so looks we are trying to get a deal done so joleon can bounce

oakiecokie said:
david whites spike said:
Bruun said:
Well, Lescott wanna go on loan to get playing time for WC, i understand if he's unhappy, and if we can get 100% wages covered, why not go for a new CB instead of having an unhappy player running around? :)
To save £40m? Cheaper alternatives in summer surely.i too understand lescott being unhappy but he's under contract and as a professional on generous wages would have to wait for his chance IMO

Methinks you`re a wolf in sheeps clothing.Why else would anyone moan as much as you about one of the finest young players possibly coming to The Etihad.
In Manuel I trust.He gave us Fernan,The Beast,Navas and Demichelis,non of whom have let us down.I trust the Bosses judgement far more than yours thank you !!
I trust pellegrini too and although I haven't seen much of mangala he's already been capped by France at full level and obviously has something about him.my one and only reservation is the price.£40m? Scandalous.nastasic 1st choice for me and anyone else coming in would be back up and cheaper than 40m

kippaxblue76 said:
Personally I would keep this squad together until the summer but Pellers knows best.

Given the choice, I'd agree but if he goes of his own volition I don't think it would be too disruptive. In fact, if we stood in his way it might be counter productive

kippaxblue76 said:
Personally I would keep this squad together until the summer but Pellers knows best.

I guess that depends if we think we can steal a march on getting him in now, rather than go head to head with Chelsea and others in the summer and it costing more money. Lescott will never feature long term in Pellegrini's plans, nor Txiki's more importantly.. If this is the chance then we should take it.

adrianr said:
kippaxblue76 said:

I guess that depends if we think we can steal a march on getting him in now, rather than go head to head with Chelsea and others in the summer and it costing more money. Lescott will never feature long term in Pellegrini's plans, nor Txiki's more importantly.. If this is the chance then we should take it.
this is the whole thing, lescott knows hes out in the summer and isnt first choice now and i guess thinks if hes playing regularly he can possibly get into hodgsons squad and his wages are being matched so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.