Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth 40m, but he's a great young player.

He reminds me a lot of Kompany; both are deceptively fast, deceptively technical, have a high vertical leap, strong accurate heading, and crunching tackle. But most of all, defensively they are proactive and like to attack the ball... My one criticism of Nasty is that sometimes gives the opposition too much space and for this reason I think Mangala could improve us.

That said, Porto are taking the piss if they think anyone will pay the buyout.

If Pelli thinks his worth 40mill who am I to argue. I trust the board and coach to make the decisions

€40m is a lot but at his age we could get 7 or 8 years out of him - so on that basis he could (if he's good enough) be a good long term investment.

nmc said:
€40m is a lot but at his age we could get 7 or 8 years out of him - so on that basis he could (if he's good enough) be a good long term investment.
That's the thing with this deal if it goes through, if we get a ton of years out of him like we hope to with him being as young as he is and ready to play now in the long run it could very well work out in our favor. Won't stop the press from running stories saying we're ruining football if we end up paying a high fee for him though

nmc said:

More than 7 or 8 years if he's world class! He's only 22, so we could be talking as many as 13 years.

City are definitely after him (or Zouma) I've heard, don't know if it's doable though, depends on whether they're willing to pay the dosh Porto want I guess.

He sounds great but the fact he plays in Portugal worries me. Slow football that made Garcia look world class!!

mainemanc1066 said:
He sounds great but the fact he plays in Portugal worries me. Slow football that made Garcia look world class!!
Your knowledge of Portuguese football is truly remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.