Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll be kinda surprised/disappointed if we don't put in another bid... everyone else is making moves. This is the only one we need right now

Big Dave Watson said:
You are missing the fact that nobody was ever going to be coming in during this window. We don't seem to have learned lessons from the summer after the title win about 'not standing still' even from a position of strength.

Bang on - we need to blow the opposition out of the water - I would have said a top class CB and defensive CM would have done it for now. Chelski are improving and I really want us to wipe the smug look off the face of that twat Mourinho!!

Top teams rarely strengthen during the winter. Few players gel. Most of the time they end up having to play to justify their enormous fees and take away playing time from those who are much better familiarized with the system. That being said...

Sign him.

alky313 said:
Top teams rarely strengthen during the winter. Few players gel. Most of the time they end up having to play to justify their enormous fees and take away playing time from those who are much better familiarized with the system. That being said...

Sign him.

Oh Rodney Rodney
Rodney Rodney Rodney Rodney Marsh

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
alky313 said:

Sign him.

Oh Rodney Rodney
Rodney Rodney Rodney Rodney Marsh

Fair comment, he cost us the league that season.

What's the income difference between first and second in the PL this season?

If this guy is the real deal he could be the difference.

We don't have any top class CB cover if VK gets another injury.

In the last few years, Chelsea have signed Salah, Matic, Ba, Luiz, Cahill, Torres, and Ivanovic all in the January windows.

I'd be interested to hear if their fans consider their winter deals successful or not.

Some conflicting news about Mangala - some reports we had a £38m bid accepted but the player doesn't want to come/wants to wait till the summer to look at his options - or we made a bid and Porta rejected it .....

Gabriel said:
In the last few years, Chelsea have signed Salah, Matic, Ba, Luiz, Cahill, Torres, and Ivanovic all in the January windows.

I'd be interested to hear if their fans consider their winter deals successful or not.

Exactly. Ivanovic yes, Cahill and Luiz blow hot and cold. The rest are failures or yet to play. Interesting that Matic, a player they have spent a fortune on buying twice was completely anonymous yesterday against Stoke!

I'm sure every Chelsea fan would rather have Mata!

Personally we need to separate 'Want' and 'Need' in our transfer thoughts.

Yes some may want new full backs, defenders, midfielders, wingers and even keepers, but in reality we only need to sign an defensively sound ball playing midfielder and after Matic's non show for Chelsea yesterday we can be thankful we avoided him!

Strangely, I thought Demichelis did extremely well in that position on Saturday and seeing how adaptable he is, perhaps we should consider him more for that role over Garcia.

If that was the case then the hole would exist at Centre Half. All conjecture of course, however there is an old saying that more than not rings true and needs to be considered before we do any dealings this window; Marry in haste, repent at leisure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.