Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Sound like he just trying to do damage control, he will likely put a new "face" in place who can try steady things after he fucked it all up. If he keeps quiet for a while people will forget about it if the new "face" just runs it like it used to be and Elon stops posting moronic stuff.

In a way I would prefer him to stay so he would further expose what a charlatan he is but I do understand twitter was useful for a lot of people so him running it into the ground would suck.
I think the damage is done. Alternative platforms are growing as fast as the servers can handle. I pointed out some pages back that Twitter became the defacto place for journalists to release breaking news. Even without linking to full stories. That mass of information sharing was what twitter did and none of the alt right alternatives had. They all failed as they were just dead without it. Some even tried to launch fake MSM accounts.

But there was little in it for journalists. The fact they could just quit was always there. News outlets are all now looking to shift. Why stay on a platform that allows imposters and BSers and has an owner openly working against you. Twitter could come back from the brink but alternatives will get much bigger and the more Musk has influence the more he seems to want to push MSM away.

lol, if BMW has these incredible and massive software teams then I have to ask what those software teams are doing with their time?? I had zero software updates in the 2 years I owned my BMW except for sat nav updates which I had to pay £90 a year for and had to do myself by USB.

I really don't know what other software features my BMW had, it didn't have Spotify streaming and I certainly couldn't warm it up or defrost it before I went out. It also definitely couldn't drive itself, park itself and you couldn't watch Netflix or Youtube on a big massive screen whilst waiting to pickup someone.

I've had my Tesla 3 weeks and I've had 2 software updates over the air. The last update gave Apple Music streaming which we didn't have before. There are a thousand other software features to go through and they add value and make the car better and then you get updates that add more, you do not get this with any other car manufacturer.

If you're going to invest then where do you put your money for the future? Do you really put it into the car companies that have failed to invest and innovate over decades? These are the companies that spend your money to employ teams to cheat emissions tests, rob you blind through expensive servicing and provide you with a comparatively really shite driver experience.... If those are the gold standard then I really do worry about people's sanity.

So what you're saying is you drove an old BMW?

BMW have had self parking since 2014.

They've been able to put live TV on the infotainment screen since at least 2004.

All of the things you're talking about are a feature of *new* cars, not Tesla cars.

And you still seem to have not grasped the idea that the media system is 1% of the software in a car. The engine, gearbox, motors, battery, differentials, suspension, steering are all run by software.

lol, if BMW has these incredible and massive software teams then I have to ask what those software teams are doing with their time?? I had zero software updates in the 2 years I owned my BMW except for sat nav updates which I had to pay £90 a year for and had to do myself by USB.

I really don't know what other software features my BMW had, it didn't have Spotify streaming and I certainly couldn't warm it up or defrost it before I went out. It also definitely couldn't drive itself, park itself and you couldn't watch Netflix or Youtube on a big massive screen whilst waiting to pickup someone.

I've had my Tesla 3 weeks and I've had 2 software updates over the air. The last update gave Apple Music streaming which we didn't have before. There are a thousand other software features to go through and they add value and make the car better and then you get updates that add more, you do not get this with any other car manufacturer.

If you're going to invest then where do you put your money for the future? Do you really put it into the car companies that have failed to invest and innovate over decades? These are the companies that spend your money to employ teams to cheat emissions tests, rob you blind through expensive servicing and provide you with a comparatively really shite driver experience.... If those are the gold standard then I really do worry about people's sanity.
That explains it. You own a fucking 4 wheeled MAGA hat.

So what you're saying is you drove an old BMW?

BMW have had self parking since 2014.

They've been able to put live TV on the infotainment screen since at least 2004.

All of the things you're talking about are a feature of *new* cars, not Tesla cars.
Yeah, never trust the opinion of someone who tells your their new TV is great, because they're always comparing it to one they've had for 10 years.

He probably made a mistake buying it and he's probably not doing great with it but so what?

All I know is I drive a Tesla and it's the best car I've ever driven.
There are 112 pages on the thread discussing the "so what", and yes, we know that's "all you know" which is why you should stop posting your thoughtless takes here. Or maybe stop watching Netflix and Youtube in your car and maybe read a little while waiting for someone.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

I'm not defending Musk and personally I don't think there's much to defend because I really couldn't care less about Twitter because I don't post or go on it. He probably made a mistake buying it and he's probably not doing great with it but so what?

All I know is I drive a Tesla and it's the best car I've ever driven. In comparison to my old BMW it's like comparing a typewriter with an iPad.

I'll just ask again in the grand scheme of things are people more excited at the prospect of a Tesla or a VW? Ask which company the brightest young people are more energised by and want to work for? Are they really looking to work for a company that spends less effort on the driver experience than it does on cheating emissions tests?

That's what you get with the current auto industry and I'm very hopeful that the likes of Tesla will blow it apart as should you be. Musk has already done exactly the same thing in the space industry.
VW please. Volvo over either, best cars in the world.

My BMW can do most of that to a greater/lesser extent. It can pull out of a parking space with the display key and can lane change by me pressing the indicator, it can follow a car in cruise and brake as needed - I can set the time of departure via the app and it will set the car temp inside although no idea if it works for heating up as I’ve only used it to cool the car down in the summer. Sat nav is updated over the air, it has music streaming and Apple play and it has all sorts of useless stuff on it like weather radar, fancy smelling air and gesture control. It has screen mirroring so I can watch videos or whatever. It gives me a massage at the touch of a button, does all the things like warns me of pedestrians and other cars, and takes emergency action. It emails me when it needs something and it’s got the xDrive so doesn’t get stuck in the winter like most of them.

Pros: BMW looks nicer (IMHO)
Cons: it cost a lot to have all those features that Tesla gives for “free” except massages, you can’t get that on a Tesla. The necessary hardware is standard on Tesla but needs to be properly specced on a BMW.

My BMW can do most of that to a greater/lesser extent. It can pull out of a parking space with the display key and can lane change by me pressing the indicator, it can follow a car in cruise and brake as needed - I can set the time of departure via the app and it will set the car temp inside although no idea if it works for heating up as I’ve only used it to cool the car down in the summer. Sat nav is updated over the air, it has music streaming and Apple play and it has all sorts of useless stuff on it like weather radar, fancy smelling air and gesture control. It has screen mirroring so I can watch videos or whatever. It gives me a massage at the touch of a button, does all the things like warns me of pedestrians and other cars, and takes emergency action. It emails me when it needs something and it’s got the xDrive so doesn’t get stuck in the winter like most of them.

Cons: it cost a lot to have all those features that Tesla gives for “free” except massages, you can’t get that on a Tesla. The necessary hardware is standard on Tesla but needs to be properly specced on a BMW.
Massages you say.
Is there a happy ending function on these vehicles too!

And then of course, there’s the whole build quality difference between the two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.