Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Lol, yeah because investment advice is based upon what happens over 2 months? I said it's a great time to buy because it has fallen in price and it's now an even better time if you're optimistic. The chat in this thread sums up the market right now which is pessimistic but pessimists don't bet and they certainly don't bet in times of economic difficulty. I just think of all those stupid idiots who bought TSLA years ago when they opened up at $20, fools!

The fact is if you had bought any other highly traded stock then there's a chance that you'd of lost money. The hilarity on here is that people on here will have a pension fund or investments elsewhere that are made up of shares and there's a good chance that your fund did and may still hold Tesla.

If this is the case then you're literally betting against and laughing at yourself. Going off most market analysts and the recently released company performance you'd have to be somewhat brave to say that it will never ever, ever, ever rise again. If that's the case then the blue-chips are also absolutely screwed and may as well pack up shop as well.. Did anyone mention that we're in a recession at a time of record interest rates and nobody has any money due to inflation?
Do you know what I do for a living?

Tesla was massively over valued and wasn't worth anything close to the stock price it was selling for. Anyone expecting it to bounce back to where it was I think is in for a shock.
Even now its capitalisation is more than double the next largest, and Toyota is a company that makes nearly a million cars a month. Most analysts are now coming to the conclusion that Tesla is just another car company rather than a tech company and its share price is adjusting accordingly. This is borne out by the fact that they have started discounting their models in China due to overcapacity which is something Musk said he’d never do. I’m going to predict that within a year Tesla stock will be where it should be based on the P/E of a typical mid sized car company rather than the P/E of a new exciting innovative tech company where people haven’t worked out what the ceiling is yet.

Tesla was massively over valued and wasn't worth anything close to the stock price it was selling for. Anyone expecting it to bounce back to where it was I think is in for a shock.
It's definitely overvalued but that's missing the point because that's based upon today but no-one cares about today. If you bought a house for an investment that was only ever worth the price of the bricks then what's the point? You certainly wouldn't invest in housing or bother building any houses at all if house prices never went up.

Back in 2018 most people would say that Tesla stock is worthless because as people on here keep repeating it's just another car company right? Back then Tesla made very few cars so would deduce it's worthless. The people who ignored this advice are currently sat on 400% gains today and this time last year they were sat on 1400% gains.

I'm just an optimist and you can't not be an optimist when considering anything involving new technologies. I believe market forces are behind the downtick and there is plenty of evidence out there if you are willing to ignore emotional and politically charged crap.

None of these people can explain the elephant in the room which is the fantastic success which is SpaceX which has completely destroyed the massive defence cartels in the space industry but nevermind.

If you consider Tesla alone, it's performance is reflective of a relatively young but rapidly growing company which is only limited by its production ability. This is certainly not reflective of the doom that those on here can only paint by reposting the stock market price.

Tesla made $21bn last year, the estimate for this year is $88bn. On current growth it could post sales beyond Ford next year. That's not bad for a company that barely existed and had barely produced a single production car 10 years ago.

Even now its capitalisation is more than double the next largest, and Toyota is a company that makes nearly a million cars a month. Most analysts are now coming to the conclusion that Tesla is just another car company rather than a tech company and its share price is adjusting accordingly. This is borne out by the fact that they have started discounting their models in China due to overcapacity which is something Musk said he’d never do. I’m going to predict that within a year Tesla stock will be where it should be based on the P/E of a typical mid sized car company rather than the P/E of a new exciting innovative tech company where people haven’t worked out what the ceiling is yet.
I believe your prediction to be the accurate one.

It's definitely overvalued but that's missing the point because that's based upon today but no-one cares about today. If you bought a house for an investment that was only ever worth the price of the bricks then what's the point? You certainly wouldn't invest in housing or bother building any houses at all if house prices never went up.
That’s an entirely simplistic and incorrect view of how stock prices work.

Lol, yeah because investment advice is based upon what happens over 2 months? I said it's a great time to buy because it has fallen in price and it's now an even better time if you're optimistic. The chat in this thread sums up the market right now which is pessimistic but pessimists don't bet and they certainly don't bet in times of economic difficulty. I just think of all those stupid idiots who bought TSLA years ago when they opened up at $20, fools!

The fact is if you had bought any other highly traded stock then there's a chance that you'd of lost money. The hilarity on here is that people on here will have a pension fund or investments elsewhere that are made up of shares and there's a good chance that your fund did and may still hold Tesla.

If this is the case then you're literally betting against and laughing at yourself. Going off most market analysts and the recently released company performance you'd have to be somewhat brave to say that it will never ever, ever, ever rise again. If that's the case then the blue-chips are also absolutely screwed and may as well pack up shop as well.. Did anyone mention that we're in a recession at a time of record interest rates and nobody has any money due to inflation?

On a final note, the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y were the best selling cars in the UK in December, more Model Ys were sold than Minis last year and they're even outstripping sales of everything in terrible right-wing places like Norway. Who'd of thought that so many people liked driving around in so called MAGA hats? Maybe like me they just don't care about politics and certainly not US politics.
You’d be better off admitting you got it wrong two months ago rather than doubling down. Imo the only reason Tesla shares aren’t falling even faster is that institutional investors overbought 3 years ago due to unrealistic expectations and don’t want to unwind their positions too quickly which would cause an even bigger collapse.

And paid Musk $50bn.
It's roughly half that as Musk only bought a controlling stake in Twitter.

Much of it was equity financed by others so if Musk is a numpty then we must assume that his other investors are also numpties. That is the likes of Kingdom Holdings, Vanguard, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley etc.

You’d be better off admitting you got it wrong two months ago rather than doubling down. Imo the only reason Tesla shares aren’t falling even faster is that institutional investors overbought 3 years ago due to unrealistic expectations and don’t want to unwind their positions too quickly which would cause an even bigger collapse.
I'm not wrong. I'm wrong if I argued to buy shares 2 months ago and sell them today, that wasn't the case.

Just secondary to this, the stock market last year saw some of the biggest losses across the board since 2008. It has been great for shorters but well shorters excel in the moral expertise that is profiting off pessimism and human misery, something I definitely don't do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.