Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Even now its capitalisation is more than double the next largest, and Toyota is a company that makes nearly a million cars a month. Most analysts are now coming to the conclusion that Tesla is just another car company rather than a tech company and its share price is adjusting accordingly. This is borne out by the fact that they have started discounting their models in China due to overcapacity which is something Musk said he’d never do. I’m going to predict that within a year Tesla stock will be where it should be based on the P/E of a typical mid sized car company rather than the P/E of a new exciting innovative tech company where people haven’t worked out what the ceiling is yet.
Some time back I predicted sub $100 within a year. It was over 200 at the time.

My issue with the TSLA stock price is the link with Musk and Crypto pump and dump scams. Dodge coin was in my view the biggest pump and dump fraud of all time and Musk the leading benefactor. Can't prove it outright but there is enough circumstantial evidence for me. Tesla stock shows a lot of similarity to crypto with the way the stock gets touted on social media.

It's roughly half that as Musk only bought a controlling stake in Twitter.

Much of it was equity financed by others so if Musk is a numpty then we must assume that his other investors are also numpties. That is the likes of Kingdom Holdings, Vanguard, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley etc.
We’re talking about different things. Tesla paid Musk $50bn whilst its turnover was half that.

You’re seemingly talking about the $44bn Musk pod for Twitter of which about $15bn was financed through elsewhere. JP Morgan have written off 60% of that as a loss already. So yes, I think they were numpties and Musk is the first human in history to personally lose $200bn. Much of it due to his purchase of Twitter and slide into the alt right rabbit hole.

We’re talking about different things. Tesla paid Musk $50bn whilst its turnover was half that.

You’re seemingly talking about the $44bn Musk pod for Twitter of which about $15bn was financed through elsewhere. JP Morgan have written off 60% of that as a loss already. So yes, I think they were numpties and Musk is the first human in history to personally lose $200bn. Much of it due to his purchase of Twitter and slide into the alt right rabbit hole.
This is true but I suspect he had made just as much from the far right / crypto rabbit hole and that is why he isn't arsed. And now he controls Twitter he controls a large part of the rabbit hole going forward. Most of his wealth is based on the artificial pumping of his stock price via social media and the crypto bro network.

It's roughly half that as Musk only bought a controlling stake in Twitter.

Much of it was equity financed by others so if Musk is a numpty then we must assume that his other investors are also numpties. That is the likes of Kingdom Holdings, Vanguard, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley etc.

I'm not wrong. I'm wrong if I argued to buy shares 2 months ago and sell them today, that wasn't the case.

Just secondary to this, the stock market last year saw some of the biggest losses across the board since 2008. It has been great for shorters but well shorters excel in the moral expertise that is profiting off pessimism and human misery, something I definitely don't do.
Musk bought 100% of Twitter. He borrowed money from numerous financial institutions to fund it and a fair chunk of those loans were secured by Tesla stock. The lower the price of Tesla shares, the more of them will be needed to repay the lenders should that need to happen. The way Tesla stock is going he could potentially lose it all to pay back those institutions if he doesn’t make Twitter profitable.

As for you not being wrong, just a reminder of what you said on 5 November
And anyone with a brain will know this is a fantastic time to buy Tesla shares.
How you can continue to defend that comment is just odd.
Maybe the market just got it wrong?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.