Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

I drove a Model X about 2-3 years ago as a weekend rental (was supposed to get a Model S). It was our first time trying an EV and it's what turned me to Tesla and the Model 3 which was the only Tesla in my price range. The X was incredible to drive and we only used superchargers for the weekend which got us from the North West to London and back without any problems.

How do you find the gullwing doors? I thought they were a gimmick at first but try getting a kids car seat better into any other car! I have no idea why other car manufacturers haven't done the same thing. The only downside to the X is it's absolutely massive.

Obviously there is a huge price difference between an X and a 3 which is reflected in virtually all areas but my 3 isn't that far off hitting the same experience. In hindsight I'm starting to wish I bought a Model Y now that the price has dropped but nevermind.

I also considered a Kia EV6 but that's now more expensive than a Model 3 and Y and the standard colour is red, no thanks!
I absolutely love the X.. Its absolutely huge but is like sh*t off a shovel.
The doors are brilliant for kids and even for the elderly, as it makes getting in so easy.
They can open in with 30 cm gap so you can get in even if someone parks so close, and detects any overhead obstacles and adjusts.
Apparently they are a nightmare to engineer so I can see them being discontinued, if so we'll keep this one until it falls apart, as its so practical for the kids.

Tesla Q4 results in yesterday, $24bn in revenue and $5.7bn profit for the quarter and they're now sat on $22bn in cash. They're also sat on margins that are 400% better than any other car company. The stock price has also recovered by 30% on the month.

The only concern is sales are up 40% but deliveries are down. The obvious limiter at Tesla isn't the product, Musk, Twitter or anything else, it's production and manufacturing. Clearly increased battery production in Texas, the recently opened Giga in Berlin and a new factory for the Cybertruck and batteries in Nevada are going to change this over the year.

Is Tesla really just another car company?

Down another $10 today.

I’m going to stick my neck out and predict under $100 before 2023.

Can you remember what the price for anyone with a brain to buy was at at the beginning of November?
Rapidly approaching level on early November, analysts are calling $200+ by this time next week!

As I keep saying, is this just another car manufacturer....?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.