Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Never really understood the cult following he has….
The fuck you don't. His first cult was science nerds who were impressed by his boldness in tackling huge problems/issues with big solutions. That was okay -- he was doing things others wouldn't/couldn't. But that cult has evaporated, to be replaced by a new one -- the same tired dickwads who follow anyone of prominence who "owns the libs." Not one of them gave a fuck about Musk until he promised to turn Twitter into an unshackled platform for their shitspew. Now of course, they fellate him for every tweet that disses a lib, or "owns" anyone, for that matter. Precisely the same largely white, male, poorly-endowed, overly-aggrieved base that is so angry that the world has passed them by in accomplishments and achievments that they follow Trump et al. So, yeah, you do understand it.

It's not exactly a surprise to see Musk behaving like a complete c*nt, but he's excelled himself today.

The whole thread is an absolute evisceration of Musk, skin layer by skin layer. It's devastating. Exposes him not only as a collossal fucking douchebag, but utterly ignorant of employment law, medical science and a fair degree of finance as well.

The whole thread is an absolute evisceration of Musk, skin layer by skin layer. It's devastating. Exposes him not only as a collossal fucking douchebag, but utterly ignorant of employment law, medical science and a fair degree of finance as well.
Also a glimpse into how twitter is being run. Badly by someone who doesn't understand the issues.

Last edited:
I see we got bored of this.

Just a little tidbit I heard, well enough sourced, thought some of you might enjoy it.

Remember the big story about Microsoft buying Open AI, who are responsible for Chat GPT? Well, it sounded like a good move to me, although, whilst they are currently gaining users quite strongly, and Google are suffering, I think they should be aiming a lot higher than 15% growth in users for Bing.

But the goss is this. The move was quite controversial, as Open AI had, as their name may suggests, been a non-profit organisation. Even if they aren't "open" to any useful extent (they don't release the vital components of the software at all).

Being non-profit, they were relying nearly entirely on donations.

Elon gave them $100m. When they released Chat GPT 3.5 a few months ago, it caused a huge fuss, and users flocked to the service. Elon must have thought his ship had come in. The money was running out really quickly, as they had to hire buildings full of servers so people like me could try out their product. Elon had predicted this, and said they could come back for another BILLION.

Now, Elon is not giving away a billion dollars to anyone. There's little doubt, he was looking to leverage their need for cash, and turn it into control and equity.

But then MS swooped in and trumped him. They could immediately provide the servers to Open AI, so cash was not an issue. Further, they agreed to pay a big old price to purchase the organisation, and get the chance to revamp their entire software lineup with the first generation of user friendly AI tools. They also have loads of experience in tailoring solutions for outside companies, and today we've seen the first batch of web commerce sites annoucing GPT powered functions on their sites.

It's classic Microsoft, the big swoop, timed to perfection. Elon cannot be sicker. He has absolutely no chance of getting his hands on the big prize, the mass market AI search / browser. He can hope Microsoft will sell it to him for use in Tesla's but that is not what he wanted, for sure.

Now it looks like Elon wants that 100m back. And today, Sam Altman (Open AI's key figure) is in the press saying he never took equity in the organisation, which - if true, and true of the rest of the board - means Elon is facing an uphill struggle to get a cent back. He faces a fairly strong possibility of ending up having shelled out $100m to develop Microsoft's killer app for them, getting no return whatsoever.

I want to like him
But I don’t trust him at all and he sways on the anti Biden / anti vax side

But there’s some hope with him for sure

He's a ****.
Supports putin and publicly accused someone using twitter of being a paedophile.

Yep, I have no doubt that I think he’s a ****

But there’s a big part of me that thinks he is or can be a force for good - I’ve got some faith in him still

Yep, I have no doubt that I think he’s a ****

But there’s a big part of me that thinks he is or can be a force for good - I’ve got some faith in him still
I agree. It’s kind of like how I feel about Jo. I still believe he can come back and really help City push on ahead. Or — I don’t know — RSC?

What I think I’m saying is once you reach the “****” conclusion, the individual in question is 99.999% irredeemable. Maybe go with those odds. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.