Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

I noticed the other day that it’s no longer possible to search Twitter without an account. I got rid of my account a while ago, but I occasionally still went on there to look something up, but now it doesn’t work unless I search using Google first.

two-spiderman.gif

I noticed the other day that it’s no longer possible to search Twitter without an account. I got rid of my account a while ago, but I occasionally still went on there to look something up, but now it doesn’t work unless I search using Google first.
That's the end of twitter for me.

No way I'll give in, get an account and allow myself to be signed in every time I open my browser.

Actually, that's what I said yesterday. I can already accept I probably will sign up in the next few days, if not this afternoon.

I'm being honest here guys. People make a lot of noise. But we nearly always give in.

I don't think there's much to take from the argument that the quality of users is what drives Twitter. People take to communication platforms because they can reach other people. The number of users brings people to twitter, good and bad.

Frankly an awful lot of what people take as high quality content, really doesn't seem that good to me. It's nearly always syrupy sweet nothings in your ears. Social support for aspects of ego, which we should probably be allowing to "die" and grow back, so we don't mistake them for the whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the end of twitter for me.

No way I'll give in, get an account and allow myself to be signed in every time I open my browser.

Actually, that's what I said yesterday. I can already accept I probably will sign up in the next few days, if not this afternoon.

I'm being honest here guys. People make a lot of noise. But we nearly always give in.

I don't think there's much to take from the argument that the quality of users is what drives Twitter. People take to communication platforms because they can reach other people. The number of users brings people to twitter, good and bad.

Frankly an awful lot of what people take as high quality content, really doesn't seem that good to me. It's nearly always syrupy sweet nothings in your ears. Social support for aspects of ego, which we should probably be allowing to "die" and grow back, so we don't mistake them for the whole thing.
I quit it a while ago and I can't say I really miss it at all. The only time I really ever looked on it after quitting was during football games where I'd missed a handball or penalty and wanted to see what the consensus was online, or perhaps a quick video of the incident.

The reality is that I think most people won't quit, but they'll just gradually start spending less and less time on there, like they've done with Facebook. For me, Facebook I stopped using Facebook when I was seeing more adverts and 'suggested content' than things I actually followed. I'm still a member and occasionally still have a look on there, but it's no more than a couple of times a week for 5-10 minutes at a time. If every time they go on Twitter, people are seeing things they don't want to see, they'll just go on it less. I've seen enough websites die over the years, and other than the odd exception, it's almost always a slow, drawn out death that never really comes. I mean you can still technically use Myspace if you want.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.