Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

I think you’ll find he isn’t here to have a real discussion, he just wants to post ignorant takes that are veiled defences of horrible people.
Tbh I thought twitter users were mostly cunts before musk, and are mostly cunts now. It's always been a cess pit where people create their own echo chambers or deliberately seek to cause or feign offence and outrage. The only positive purpose it seems to have is to act as a sort of sump for online idiots. Maybe in the very early days it was less toxic.

I will reiterate how I have made Twitter work for me:

1) After a lot of hard work and time blocking hundreds of users, my feed has been whittled down generally to the things I care about.
2) I almost never read the comments by others (similar to how I read newspaper articles), just the main post written by authors whose content I know and trust.
3) I almost never post (nor do I argue, with the lone exception of making fun of the very occasional Utd fan). I might comment twice a year and haven't written an actual tweet in maybe two years.
4) There are still a lot of ads, most of them totally irrelevant, so once I see one more than 3 times or so I block the entity sending it. I assume this narrows down my dislikes for the algorithm so that eventually the ads will be more targeted to me, but given the poor financial performance of the platform, my guess is that advertisers tend to be lousy companies or very, very broad platform users (like McDonalds, e.g.)

As such Twitter is still a useable and useful platform for me, though I dislike knowing my eyeballs help Musk (who, by the way, I have blocked).

Tbh I thought twitter users were mostly cunts before musk, and are mostly cunts now. It's always been a cess pit where people create their own echo chambers or deliberately seek to cause or feign offence and outrage. The only positive purpose it seems to have is to act as a sort of sump for online idiots. Maybe in the very early days it was less toxic.
I've always thought the echo chamber issue was a strange way to look at things. If you've read someone wax poetic on a topic 18 different times, or seen someone wax poetic wax once each on 18 different topics, and either disagreed or learned nothing interesting/new every time, why would you listen to that person any more? They're a distraction or a waste of time. But let's say you do stick with them . . . then instance 19 better be so profound it makes up for the other 18 times they were useless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.